My driving rant.....

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Seed, some of it is basic courtesy, on the road or in a supermarket. That's not just saying please and thank you (that's manners not courtesy, a totally different thing). Another part is being aware of your surroundings and not thinking it's all about you. I don't think most of the people that do that in a supermarket are intentionally being a pain in the butt (though some are) but they are lost in a self-centered thoughtless fog they don't know what is going on in the real world around them. Most of the people around here are kind of embarrassed when they realize what they are doing, but yeah, I run into a few of your friends too.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Stew Leonards supermarkets have one way isles. Everybody is going same way. If you enter isle from wrong side, everyone points it out. Was very strange 1st time there seeing oneway arrows pointing down isles

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
DW is a "straight-line shopper." Even before entering the store ... I have asked her whether she would climb over the hoods and trunks of parked cars if she was younger.

The 55mph interstate speed limit became a partisan issue. We were asked to question, How fast were James Madison and Patrick Henry driving when they faced miles and miles of level sagebrush? 55? ... ugh. We may as well be caught in city traffic.

How I hate to be late, it hurts my motor to go so slow, time I get home my supper'll be cold. .. I almost had a heart attack, looking in my rear view mirror, I saw myself in the next car back, looking in the rear view mirror, about to have a heart attack ... it hurts my motor to go so slow.
... everyone is fine with going 5 mph over the speed limit and no one really has an issue with that ...
! i do ! We are turning over our right to freedom of movement to law enforcement.

anonymous digitS'

buckabucka

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I try to always use a basket when grocery shopping. Pretty easy with a family of 2. I can run through the aisles, sliding between carts. Sometimes my basket is very heavy by the time I get to the checkout, but it is so much easier to maneuver around the store.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
What drives me crazy is when waiting in line the person behind you is standing so close you feel their breath on the back of your neck. A few times I have turned and glared, luckily I never had to say anything I have a good glare.

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
What gets me are the folks standing there in a daze, staring at the shelves, while you are waiting 3 ft. away with your cart, right in their peripheral vision...waiting politely....waiting....waiting...other people are backing up behind you three carts deep while this person ignores you. Meanwhile there's an old person in a motorized cart on the other side....waiting...and waiting...with three carts backed up behind them as well.

Then, when they finally choose to move, they don't apologize, look ashamed, embarrassed or anything...they just barely move so you can get by and go back to staring at the shelves. NOTHING could be worth acting that rude and clueless in broad daylight in a public place, so it's absolutely unnecessary to have that item, IMO.

Why don't people make a list anymore???? You walk to the shelf, remove the item, continue on your way. How hard is that? o_O I'm a straight line shopper, no gazing and strolling along...I make a list, I get the items on the list, I check out. Life is simple if folks just work at it.

Then you have the people standing in the aisle texting...blocking the aisle as they fiddle with their phones. :he Either phone or shop, but why, why, WHY are they trying to combine the two events?????

I HATE going grocery shopping unless it's 2 am and the only thing you have to weave around are the boxes of the people stocking shelves.

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
That's funny Bee. I typically do my shopping on a Thursday. Wednesday is feed restocking day at Tractor Supply so Thursday is a good day to get chicken feed, it's on the shelf. Since Lowe's, Walmart, and the Garden Store are in that area I do everything in one trip.

I'm also one of those aggravating people that for the most part know what I want, know where it is, and just go get it. I may search for something if I don't know where it is but I just might ask someone that works there what aisle it's on. Why waste my time, I don't find shopping a pleasure. I tend to park my cart in a main aisle, tucked behind a display out of the way, and walk down the individual aisles. It's a lot easier to get by those other shopping carts that way. They no longer have those handy carry baskets so I do need a cart. I try to be courteous but don't go out of my way to waste my time.

I tend to hit Walmart at the time they are stocking shelves, late morning but before lunch. I call that the dodge-the-associate time as I have more problems getting around associates and stockers than other customers.