My Ducks Have Been Mailed

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
No, they are nothing like chickens. They are much more labor intensive, unless you have a pond for them. If you have to do all the clean up, that gets old fast.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
wait, i thought @Nyboy had wetland/pond area for them.

ducks at neighbor place down the road there is no big pond around, they free range.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ducks decision might be solved the roof of their pen collapsed from wight of last nights snow. I was afraid of the roads being block so didnt check. If they are in dog house they are safe. Flowers I live full time in house in the city with tiny yard, I have a weekend house with land and water.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
The couple across the street have a beautiful pond with a small flock of white ducks. The pond has a island in middle where ducks sleep. When pond freezes they are locked up at night in a duck house. My livingroom and master bedroom look out over the pond.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
The couple across the street have a beautiful pond with a small flock of white ducks. The pond has a island in middle where ducks sleep. When pond freezes they are locked up at night in a duck house. My livingroom and master bedroom look out over the pond.

do you get along well with these neighbors? perhaps they'll be ok adding them to their flock and then you'd still be able to see them and enjoy them? or take them to the country place and hope they can survive during the week when you are not around, but more likely they'd eventually be food for something else or wander off... until they had babies and could get them fixated on you as Papa Duck. :)

Latest posts