My Ducks Have Been Mailed

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Are they chicks or older? If they are chicks you NEED a brooder in a safe place to have a heat lamp or you will lose them. Just FYI: ONCE I ordered chicks in July. Even under the heat lamp they thrived, even after sitting in my truck for 6 hours before I got them home. Good luck with your ducks and we need pictures.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
When are they arriving?

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good luck, Nyboy. They will for sure enjoy your waterway. Hope you enjoy them. Remember, they will do a number on your mosquitoes and your ticks. I've seen them line up side by side and sweep through the grass catching everything that moved.

dickiebird

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I used to have a hatchery in a small town in my service territory. Every time I would go into these small towns I would stop at the PO and check to see if they knew of any customers that may be having problems with their mailing equipment.
One day I stopped in the PO of this town and you couldn't hear yourself think. It was chick shipping day and all the boxes of chicks were all over the PO, what a racket!!!

THANX RICH

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
A holdover from years ago. Copied from USPS website:

"Some animals are mailable under proper conditions. See the specific instructions as noted for the following kinds of animals:
  • Live bees
  • Live, day–old poultry
  • Live adult birds
  • Live scorpions (only under limited circumstances) ?!!!???
  • Other small, harmless, cold–blooded animals"

Let's hope that the USPS doesn't change this sometime :).

Steve

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
i've have live koi & goldfish shipped to me. and i had a trio of adult chickens sent to me. made me worry till they arrived & it ended up taking an extra day too. made me panic when that happened.

Latest posts