my new cud chewing beauty queen

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
I was just joking the other day that I had been out chasing next year's hamburger around the paddock. :gig

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
January 18.

That's going to be Carter's 'appointment with destiny'.:fl

I got off the phone a little while ago from setting up the trailer and everything - and was suddenly a little bummed.. not because he's going off to the butcher (spoiled, destructive BRAT) - but because I couldn't think of anyone to call or text and say "I DID IT!!! An almost 3year long journey - from raising Eva and breeding her, to raising her calf to be a beef steer - is finally coming to a close. It's been a JOB and a JOY. I've learned SO much and finally feel the confidence to jump into this as a yearly event.
Most of my friends and all of my family would say "Oh.. that's so sad. Are you REALLY going to do it?":hit

Then I remembered all you guys and knew that you'd celebrate with me. :celebrate

A few years ago when I called my place a 'farm' people would say, "Wow, you have a farm? What do you raise?" And I'd say, "Well, it's really just a glorified back yard. I have a few chickens and have tried to get a veggie garden to grow."
Now I can say, "I grow veggies to freeze and can. I have a flock of over 25 chickens raised for meat and eggs. I have a dairy cow and raise a steer for beef now and then."
4chsmu1[1].gif

Latest posts