My New Greenhouse

ShowMe31

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Thank you for the welcome. As soon as the rain stops Sunday afternoon I'll putting 6 flats of flowers and veggies in there. Come on Monday, more flats to plant.

Happy gardening

LVVCHAP

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
dickiebird said:
ShowMe

There was not any provision for locking the doors closed so I installed same.
dickiebird, what did you use to lock the doors on your greenhouse. I have the same one and they don't stay closed completely. Just curious about what you did.

Thanks

dickiebird

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
For the time being I'm using an old pair of "yard sale" Vice Grips.
I'd like to install a small hasp, but so far haven't found one just the right size.
If you can find a real small hasp, say like one off a small tool box, it could be attached to two opposing horozontal channels running between the glazing on each door.

THANX RICH

Mattemma

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I saw a step by step on installing the HF greenhouse on line.Gives modification tips for problems.

http://hfgh10x12.blogspot.com/

My mom has a small one for years,and it is still doing well.She did reinforce the panels with bamboo or something to hold them in place during high wind storms.

Dh was going to get me this,but we missed the sale on the big one.You can fit a lot even in the littel one,so I can only imagine the room in the big one.Have fun!

LVVCHAP

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Mattemma said:
I saw a step by step on installing the HF greenhouse on line.Gives modification tips for problems.

http://hfgh10x12.blogspot.com/
Thank you Mattemma,
I didn't have much time to look at the website but what I saw was great. I saved it and will go back to it later.

LVVCHAP

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
dickiebird said:
I'd like to install a small hasp, but so far haven't found one just the right size.
If you can find a real small hasp, say like one off a small tool box, it could be attached to two opposing horozontal channels running between the glazing on each door.

THANX RICH
Rich,
If you get a chance check out the website that Mattemma listed. At a quick glance I didn't see anything bout the doors but I think the hasp idea will work well.

ShowMe31

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Well after 3 days of non-stop winds we hit a problem. My winds have come from every direction imaginable and all this shaking managed to loosen a lot of the nuts. This caused great problems with the panels staying in. A severe storm moved in on Sunday sending panels all over my yard :hit So Monday I went to Home Depot and bought some lock washers and installed them throughout. This seems to be helping, but we'll know for sure after tonights terrible wind gusts and tomorrows storms.

I love the website and hubby and I are planning on using some of those ideas once the plants are in the gardens. I also love the benches that they put in. I think I'm going to have to rethink my fancy cement block, closet maid shelving.

dickiebird

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
LVVCHAP said:
dickiebird said:

THANX RICH
Rich,
If you get a chance check out the website that Mattemma listed. At a quick glance I didn't see anything bout the doors but I think the hasp idea will work well.
This past weekend I found the type latch I've been looking for. Note the price!!!
Found it at the local "mall", really it's a lot the people setup their stuff to sell, but there's pretty much anything you can imagine. so when I head out yard saleing I just tell people I've been to the mall.

Anyway here are a few pics of the piece and how I installed it on the doors.

This is the origional latch I used.
DSCF0675.jpg

This is the latch as purchased and then unpackaged.
DSCF0671.jpg

DSCF0672.jpg

I made a couple of 1/4" spacers to fit under the latch halves. I also drilled a couple new holes in each latch piece and the spacers.
DSCF0674.jpg

Here is the assembly installed.
DSCF0676.jpg

DSCF0677.jpg

Hope this helps.

THANX RICH

LVVCHAP

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Thanks Rich,
Great idea! I'll have to look into that, but I think I might just run to the local hardware - for the visegrips - I wouldn't want mine to be rusty. :lol:

Latest posts