My summer garden classes for kids

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
It sounds like you had such a great time with those kids! They are so lucky to have you. I bet their moms also like the free time that you are giving them by having their kids over. I am so impressed by how giving you are.

Mary

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yeah, I'd like to take that class!
One of my grand daughters said she thought her class should come to my house for their field trip. I said "Oh my, what would they do out here?" and she said "We could pick strawberries, and play with the chickens, and get the eggs, and play with the dog, and look for frogs....."

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
What a great idea; get them hooked on gardening while they are young. kids often eat veggies they would turn their noses up at if bought at the store but not when they grew them themselves.
I have a feeling home gardens will be more and more important in the future.

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
@thistlebloom would you be interested in some Glass Gem corn? it is supposed to be a popcorn but i've also read it can be used for feed too. my chickens certainly liked it last year when i gave them some of the smaller ears. the kids may love the beautiful colors that will show up on the ears. also, this corn will get 'tillers' or side shoots so there will be numerous ears full of colors!

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
@thistlebloom would you be interested in some Glass Gem corn? it is supposed to be a popcorn but i've also read it can be used for feed too. my chickens certainly liked it last year when i gave them some of the smaller ears. the kids may love the beautiful colors that will show up on the ears. also, this corn will get 'tillers' or side shoots so there will be numerous ears full of colors!

That would be fun, thank you Chickie! I'm sure the kids would think those were super special.