My summer garden classes for kids

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Amarth. It is bain of south. One of first weeds to make glyphosate useless. It can shed over 100,000 seeds. We now have it thanks to those dang southerners not killing it in their cotton seed and sending it up to us to feed dairies........

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ooh, I forgot, I kinda have one of those. Got DH one for Christmas one year that you hook up to a 20 lb. propane tank. I think this stuff came in on a load of steer manure. Made the garden soil so nice and loamy, but I sure didn't need the extra weeds. My ground is certainly cursed.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
I must have the wrong kind of torch. I haven't found propane to be very effective at all. Seems to me to be a waste of time and propane. Went through a whole canister (small hand-held) while doing less than half the driveway on some rental property.

If it's not in a food area, I find Round-Up to do a more permanent job in less time.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
"the magic word"
banana2[1].gif

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
I never saw THAT show, but I loved when Hawkeye did that bit on MASH
hawkeye.jpg
"You said the magic woard!"
LOL

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
sitting here in my motel room watching it thundering and lightening of course having a cold beer waiting for it to stop so I can run over to Smithfield's to get dinner. Read a post on lettuce and started to wonder on how @thistlebloom kids gardens are going??? How about an up date with photos!!!!