My summer garden classes for kids

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
all in all sounds like you have made an impression on them about gardening... if you do classes next year let us know so we can send more seeds to you.....
as for that hen... chicken pot pie for her...:lol:

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sounds like so much fun! And I love how you have them write in their little journals. I bet they will really retain a lot of what you've taught them. Will you guys continue on until frost or will the start of the school year bring your club to a halt? Kids in my county went back to school this past Monday.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Glad you all are having such a good time. Could you do phone calls the night before to remind parents and kids that class is tomorrow?

Mary

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good idea Mary, I'll be texting parents the evening before class next week.

@journey11 , I would like the classes to go till frost, but once school starts, after Labor Day, the kids will start sports and then nobody's schedule will have any hope of coinciding on an open day. So we will probably have two more classes, then the kids will just have to come over and pick their produce when they can.

@majorcatfish , I prepared a chicken pot pie as you suggested for that evil salad eating hen, but I don't see how that's supposed to punish her.
Maybe I should have burnt it before serving?
At any rate she still doesn't look remorseful...

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
chickenpurse.jpg

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
LOL, I wonder if anyone has ever tried or succeed in tanning a chicken's hide? :D

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Tried? Of course someone has. Succeeded? Not if you haven't found the how-to on U-tube.

I have come pretty close a time or two with a recalcitrant rooster. Tanned his hide in front of the girls. I left his feathers if not his self-esteem intact.

Latest posts