n95 dust masks

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Out of 42 cases there has only been a couple of deaths. Of course that is not counting the people who had a mild case and got over it quickly.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
I’d like to see separated out, deaths from Coronavirus in people who had other complications that were on watch or common cold would kill, ie, how many healthy people actually died in USA. For anyone that saw conditions in China, I’m impressed that anyone can survive in that filth.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
1585910235346.png

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
i wish i could get it and get it over with, but i'd hate to put Mom at risk. :(

at least once you have it and are done with it you could get out and help other people or something.

TwinCitiesPanda

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
at least once you have it and are done with it you could get out and help other people or something.

The issue is they still aren’t sure if you gain immunity by having had it, and for how long that lasts. it’s also not certain yet that you only carry the virus while you are sick. It could be akin to chicken pox which you carry forever and may have further symptomatic episodes from. There have been cases of people getting reinfected, but it’s unclear if their negative COVID-19 test was a fluke and they are still sick or if they are legitimately catching the virus again. Also today: testing is not conclusively ruling this out as an airborne contagion per a new study by the National Academy of Science.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
DD recommended that I change my clothes after every closing and wash them and Also wash my shoes. I am ALWAYS washing dishes, so I don't worry about my hands. It's habitual to walk in the house and hit the sink. I also got in the habit of digging my fingernails into a bar of soap to clean the barn dirt off before I dressed up. Soap kills viruses. I also will boil water on the stove to heat up my wash water.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
The issue is they still aren’t sure if you gain immunity by having had it, and for how long that lasts. it’s also not certain yet that you only carry the virus while you are sick. It could be akin to chicken pox which you carry forever and may have further symptomatic episodes from. There have been cases of people getting reinfected, but it’s unclear if their negative COVID-19 test was a fluke and they are still sick or if they are legitimately catching the virus again. Also today: testing is not conclusively ruling this out as an airborne contagion per a new study by the National Academy of Science.

yes, there is still a lot to know about this, but if i were sick from it and recovered and they tested me and it was clear then i'd be ok going to help out other people as at least i could be doing something useful to help out.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
DD recommended that I change my clothes after every closing and wash them and Also wash my shoes. I am ALWAYS washing dishes, so I don't worry about my hands. It's habitual to walk in the house and hit the sink. I also got in the habit of digging my fingernails into a bar of soap to clean the barn dirt off before I dressed up. Soap kills viruses. I also will boil water on the stove to heat up my wash water.

try not to touch anything else between door and sink, wash up hands and face, remove clothes and put those in laundry to wash those, then wash hands again. if you've not been wearing a hat i'd take a shower.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
i wish i could get it and get it over with, but i'd hate to put Mom at risk. :(

I’m right there with you. For me, wife has suppressed immune system. When I leave to do whatever, she commands me to strip when I get home. I don’t mind saying at 60’s it takes on a whole different meaning than when we were in our 20’s..... but I digress.....