n95 dust masks

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Just heard this on the news. There were 519 people that died today from the coronavirus. Stay home people.

that is perhaps for the USoA as the tracker i follow now has the total for around the world at nearly 38,000 deaths (Italy and Spain have between them nearly 20,000at this point :( ). the USoA has lost around 3,200 so far and this is not over by far it is just getting to be widespread in many places. the confirmed cases in the USoA are about 165,000 with only 6,000 said to have recovered so far. i'm sure the recovery numbers won't really be reported for mild cases since people won't get tested again to confirm they are done with it. this has a long ways to go.

and you know these numbers are not accurate for all countries yet and in some cases we'll never really know the full counts. Brazil looks to be going completely gonzo (no preventative measures and no changes in policies) so that's going to be a mess to everyone down there. the native tribes will not even know what hits them if the past is anything to gauge how this will go. :(

in good news there is now a 5-15 minute test but i'm not sure how quickly they can get that made available to everyone - at least once you can test everyone then you can actually do what needs to be done to get the healthy people isolated from those who are actively sick but don't know it.

henless

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Well, seems like there has been an update on yesterday's total. Instead of the 519 deaths in the US, there were 573 deaths on Monday in the US with 20,353 new cases.

So far today, there are 515 new cases and 17 new deaths.

Good advice, for those that can do so. I'm one of the "lucky" ones who works in a mission-essential factory, which expects to continue business as usual. Management has been taking precautions, such as sanitizing things between shifts, and segregating people during breaks... but every day at work still feels like Russian roulette. I'm getting increasingly uncomfortable with pulling that trigger. :hide Between a rock & a hard place, shouldn't be forced to choose between my job & my life... or DW's life, should I pass something to her. Both of us are considered "at risk", for both age, and health reasons.

I understand exactly. My husband is considered essential and goes out every day as does my daughter who works at Walmart. We are both at risk due to age & health conditions. That is why our granddaughter is staying with us in case our daughter brings something home and passes it to her. We do what we can, pray & trust the Lord to keep us safe.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
119E2ABB-7F70-48E4-A7BB-2B1FD4DB5CE4.jpeg
obviously the aged, need to stay segregated-which is tough because how many ofbthe 85 year old plus are in poor health, in a high risk environment-nursing home or hospital already?

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Who else has read that the autopsies of people that died from Coronavirus showed that they died from blocked air passages? Articles I’m reading say drink warm/hot beverages to keep sinuses flowing. Same with foods that keep sinuses flowing. Hot peppers and horseradish here we come.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Who else has read that the autopsies of people that died from Coronavirus showed that they died from blocked air passages? Articles I’m reading say drink warm/hot beverages to keep sinuses flowing. Same with foods that keep sinuses flowing. Hot peppers and horseradish here we come.

it is the lung's air sacs that get filled with fluids that make a person seem like they are drowning. like a really bad case of pneumonia.

Mar 18th is an age ago in this...

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
View attachment 34894obviously the aged, need to stay segregated-which is tough because how many ofbthe 85 year old plus are in poor health, in a high risk environment-nursing home or hospital already?

I wonder if they are keeping track of the regular flu deaths this year and how many there are. Is there a place to check this for 2020 so far how many have died of regular flu?

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
35 cases in my county. 2 dead. Cases in surrounding counties have gone from 1 case to 2-3 cases, it is still climbing.

Latest posts