n95 dust masks

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
In my opinion if you want it to go to the "poor" workers add it to the unemployment benefits. If you want it to go to small business owners to help keep them from going out of business give it to the small business owners and let them use it to not go out of business. That means something other than paying workers to not work. Somebody is going to have to be there to provide poor workers jobs when they can go back to work. Define who the small business owners are, I agree with some comments on that.

My understanding is that the money we are talking about is supposed to be a loan, not a gift. Some of you probably share my thoughts about how much of that loan money will ever be repaid, but that's another topic.

On what I think is a happier note, a neighbor that owns a small manufacturing business got back yesterday from a sales trip around the state. He's come up with a design for a sneeze guard and spent two days on the road selling it. He has orders for about one thousand. He's not looking fro government loans, he's looking for ways to keep him employees employed and drawing real paychecks.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
In my opinion if you want it to go to the "poor" workers add it to the unemployment benefits. If you want it to go to small business owners to help keep them from going out of business give it to the small business owners and let them use it to not go out of business. That means something other than paying workers to not work. Somebody is going to have to be there to provide poor workers jobs when they can go back to work. Define who the small business owners are, I agree with some comments on that.

My understanding is that the money we are talking about is supposed to be a loan, not a gift. Some of you probably share my thoughts about how much of that loan money will ever be repaid, but that's another topic.

On what I think is a happier note, a neighbor that owns a small manufacturing business got back yesterday from a sales trip around the state. He's come up with a design for a sneeze guard and spent two days on the road selling it. He has orders for about one thousand. He's not looking fro government loans, he's looking for ways to keep him employees employed and drawing real paychecks.
Well He SHOULD be. Big business got it all, and if you recall and the loans will not need to be repaid. No real chance for the little guy.

Last edited:

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Ridgerunner you are correct on best way to get money to those laid off-until someone cites reason that won’t work.

My maIn problem is that the money is going to large corporations. Somehow, I believe this was the agenda from the beginning. (I have no trust in our government people). I’m sure corporate America helped to write this legislation.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well He SHOULD be. Big business got it all, and if you recall and the loans will to need to be repaid. No real chance for the little guy.

There is talk that this money will be forgiven.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
We spoke to a friend today, she works in hospital supply sales. She talks to hospitals all over the country. She definitely thinks this virus will be around for a long time and as states open up, we will be hit with another wave. Something to think about.

This is a very good article on what it takes to get a vaccine to market.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
We had to go for feed today. My horse feed that I have used for 20 years, the closest source is 45 minutes away. We get their pig grower and game bird crumble for the CCX too. We stopped at Walmart in that town to see if there was toilet paper. Imagine my surprise when not only they had TP, but it was Charmin and no limit! It was the big packs of 30 mega rolls, 3 was all I could carry. Turns out, we only need one because our DD scored some for us yesterday. BUT--it's share the wealth, right? I texted a neighbor with 4 boys and asked if she wanted 2 packs and she was thrilled. So I did my good deed for the day.

henless

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Thing is, if you wait until your out, you might be up a creek.

I haven't had to go anywhere yet. It's been a little over 4 weeks. We'll need to make a run to Lowe's this weekend though. The doodad that you pull to turn on the shower broke over the weekend. Using pliers right now to get it to work.

Dirtmechanic

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Well He SHOULD be. Big business got it all, and if you recall and the loans will not need to be repaid. No real chance for the little guy.
No they did not. The banks got it. They firmed their balance sheets by moving loans upon the taxpayer. Why? Banks have a 100% profit margin. And they are taxed heavily, which is the hidden sexy connotation when you use the word "regulation".

That means if a business had bank loans, they changed their loans to sba. Any money left could be distributed amongst those smart enough to not have loans.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Don't get where you believe banks make 100% profit? If they charge 4% interest, they pay .5% in interest to people with money in bank. They pay upkeep on building, employees salaries and benefits. What am I missing?