n95 dust masks

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
I get that about less you made, less SS you get. But this current state of affairs should have no effect on that. If they are in trouble now, they were in trouble before this hit.

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
I beg to differ. The current state of affairs has programs shut down. There is no Meals on Wheels. There are no "programs" being operated out here. I heard on the radio news that even child welfare cases/checks on foster kids/and more are not being done cus the city and county and state organizations are not allowed to conduct their business. At the senior center, day old bread was dropped off every Wednesday morning (think bakery outlets) and was free to the seniors who came in once a day for their $4 full meal. Home health care was shut down too. Everyone has been advised to go to the ER, which is a cess pool of death.

Even with Senior Hours at all the stores, if you can't get out or your SS check has run out, what do you eat? There are two Free Little Libraries boxes who's books have been removed and food placed in instead. The school kids are all getting one meal a day, but since so many have stopped coming by for that lunch, they've opened it up to anyone who can "get" to the school. Volunteer bus drivers are delivering school food to anyone who reaches out to get something to eat. This isn't conjecture. Its headlines, newspapers and local community Face Book and Next Door posts.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
I stand corrected on programs like “meals on wheels”.

Your money running out is a problem before as well as now.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am thinking of going and buying potatoes and dehydrating. I have read stories of farmers dumping potatoes and I do not have enough room to grow very many. The president did say he was going to order the processing plants to stay open, but the stories were the cattle could not even get there. DD and her husband are buying a quarter beef from a local farmer they know.

Dirtmechanic

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Well we open retail stores at the end of this month...at 50 percent capacity. Now masks will be useful. Birmingham has enacted a required mask law. 17 separate hospitals in our area have a unheard influence on local political decisions to our betterment.

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
Well, I think the masks are silly ~ like closing the barn door after the horses have run off ~ this shut down is stupid ~ 6 Six states did not shut down and people were not under Marshal Law, ordered to stay home with only necessary this and that can open their door ~ there was no giant number of sick rushing to the hospital ` this sickness has been around for much longer than is being told at least since the January ~ maybe you've been a little sick and your family and friends ~ shutting down businesses and standing 6' apart has helped no one ~ I think we had it in February ~ I haven't read all the many posts ~ what do you guys and gals think ```

Latest posts