n95 dust masks

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Had a conversation with the adult children, who were checking up on us as we were checking to see if they were prepared for the soon-to-be Wisconsin semi-lockdown (details still sketchy at this point). If one good thing comes out of this, it is that some of our children are learning a newfound appreciation for growing at least some of their own food, and have expressed an interest in starting a garden. The possible loss of their garden mentors undoubtedly factors into that sudden interest. It gives DW & I a lot more motivation to be extra cautious, so we can pass on our seeds & garden experience.
Understand your feeling. My daughter has the desire. Son, none at all. Hoping to infect my grands.....

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ok, governor has issued a state lock down for Indiana starting tomorrow. I just read through the exceptions. From what I read, nothing changes. Only exclusions are hotels for emergency people only (anyone traveling for job or truckers (who all have sleepers on tractor)) and eating establishments must be carry out only-which they already were.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
with this bug going around and business's being shut down, we had a all hands meeting at work <in the parking lot>as of monday we are working only 4 days a week till further notice....

then was reading the news during a break...oh great theres a confirmed case here in town now.....

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Just wait. It gets better. We have 500 dollar fines per person and police enforcement if you try to work.
Hadn’t heard of fines. In Indiana-supposedly on lock down-according to rules-and nothing has changed as just about every company can claim they are necessary.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
In San Jose 4 friends of my daughter's co worker were stopped for being in a car and not doing social distancing. They did not live together so they EACH got a ticket for $400.

Mary

they're not going to give me a ticket for working in the garden today...

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
In San Jose 4 friends of my daughter's co worker were stopped for being in a car and not doing social distancing. They did not live together so they EACH got a ticket for $400.

Mary
So if you don’t car pool, reduce pollution, you are bad. When you do, you get fined? Assume they were going to an essential job? The rules in Indiana on what is essential are as clear as mud.

Latest posts