n95 dust masks

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Curious, who here has a family or friend that died from this? 14,802 have died so far with majority over 65 years old.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
There are 87 cases in my county.

My daughter and family live in a private subdivision, a 90 year old man in her neighborhood has died from the Covid 19. No, we did not know him personally.

SPedigrees

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I think the death toll in my (small rural) state is still under 30 and I didn't know any of the victims.

I am 70 yrs old, but in relatively good health, so I keep a good thought for my own survival. I limit my trips out to get groceries to less than two per month and this next time will be wearing some sort of face mask that I will wash, along with my hands, upon returning home. I've also started washing my hands after I bring in, read, and sort mail and packages. I'm just thankful that the pandemic didn't hit last year while my husband was in the nursing home and hospital because he would probably have contracted covid19 and had to spend his last weeks in isolation.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
almost busted Gillian in the mouth today, was trying to show him how to install a ferrule on a tight fitting airline<since osha does not allow hose clamps> and the dmf coughs on me.... and this is after we have numinous meets all bout safety about this bug,,,
oh it was just a cough..
little bio on him.. he cant sit still has to see everyone he has to get into everyone's business and he knowing everything before you finish what you are trying to tell him...

he got offended when i told him if you cough on me again i'm going to bust your jaw, i dont give a sh!t if was just a cough.... do it in your shirt since you cant just stay at home after work who knows what you or who have come in contact with, and then you go see your mom<who is not in good health>.... your a dumb ass!!!!!!!

we have all ready have 1 employee's family under quarantine.....yippee oh happy days

1586462975624.png

anyway after me spouting at him unlocked the janitors room grabs a bunch of sanitizing wipes and processed to clean my face.....

guess some people don't give a sh!t and ignorant/ complacent about the stay at home order and social distancing..

walked into the house and stripped and took a long hot shower used up a half bar of soap.....

PhilaGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I have been making masks for anyone who wants them, basically, but the intent was to send them with my ex-daughter in law to the hospital where she is a nurse, in the ER, no less.
I have found that you can split the wide elastic if that's all you have. The instructions I got called for 1/8" elastic, but that is as rare as hen's teeth. I've been cutting 3/8", and some wider I had, as well.
Also, an article I read today suggested, as an N95 substitute, for personal use, you can use a piece of hepa quality furnace filter, in between two layers of cloth. Needs to be able to separate for cleaning.
Now I see that nurses and others who have to wear those masks all the time are getting open sores behind their ears from wearing the elastic type. So now people are making little strips of fabric (or crocheted), with a button attached to each end, so they can fasten each ear elastic on the buttons in back, not around their ear. Sounds more complicated than it is. I'm going to make some of these to go with my next batch of masks.

Another material that seems to be really good are blue hydro-knit shop towels. 2 layers can achieve almost the same filtering efficiency as an N95 mask (95% of particulates of a certain size) and the material holds up to washing.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
You can’t fix stupid.
You can’t quarantine it.
Sadly, you can’t stop stupid from breeding more stupid.

@majorcatfish you sure showed a lot of restraint. I think I my foot maybe sorta kinda halfway might’ve slipped and somehow wound up firmly lodged in his breeding parts....

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
I think the problem all started when Man started defying Darwin's law...

Had a similar experience last week. DW was bagging our groceries in the "you bag" register, which ends in two adjacent conveyors so two people can be bagging at once. The jerk across from the wife coughs without covering, straight at her face! :mad: Needless to say, I gave him an earful about his lack of consideration for others. "sorry" he says... but in this situation, sorry just doesn't cut it. This type of behavior is killing people now, such casual disregard for others needs to become socially intolerable.

Guess you can see why I go shopping as little as possible; those who most should be staying at home now, won't do so. :somad Sorry to be such a downer, but my tolerance for such people is really wearing thin.

Latest posts