n95 dust masks

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
It is always inconsiderate to cough at someone. Wonder if next fall when flu/cold/influenza season is on us whether we go back to “lock down” mode? Hoping that employers will force their people to stay home and businesses will stop people from entering stores while sick.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
You can’t fix stupid.
You can’t quarantine it.
Sadly, you can’t stop stupid from breeding more stupid.

@majorcatfish you sure showed a lot of restraint. I think I my foot maybe sorta kinda halfway might’ve slipped and somehow wound up firmly lodged in his breeding parts....

you can, but doing time isn't fun...

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I think the problem all started when Man started defying Darwin's law...

Had a similar experience last week. DW was bagging our groceries in the "you bag" register, which ends in two adjacent conveyors so two people can be bagging at once. The jerk across from the wife coughs without covering, straight at her face! :mad: Needless to say, I gave him an earful about his lack of consideration for others. "sorry" he says... but in this situation, sorry just doesn't cut it. This type of behavior is killing people now, such casual disregard for others needs to become socially intolerable.

Guess you can see why I go shopping as little as possible; those who most should be staying at home now, won't do so. :somad Sorry to be such a downer, but my tolerance for such people is really wearing thin.

for the moment those who are really vulnerable should be not out in public - i think that is just asking for trouble. once we get past peak and those who are infected recover then it would be more possible to be out and about.

i still am lucky in that i do not need to go out at all.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I think the problem all started when Man started defying Darwin's law...

Had a similar experience last week. DW was bagging our groceries in the "you bag" register, which ends in two adjacent conveyors so two people can be bagging at once. The jerk across from the wife coughs without covering, straight at her face! :mad: Needless to say, I gave him an earful about his lack of consideration for others. "sorry" he says... but in this situation, sorry just doesn't cut it. This type of behavior is killing people now, such casual disregard for others needs to become socially intolerable.

Guess you can see why I go shopping as little as possible; those who most should be staying at home now, won't do so. :somad Sorry to be such a downer, but my tolerance for such people is really wearing thin.
I'm normally not the type to speak up for fear of getting into a confrontation. But with this virus I'm doing it. When I'm out walking I use my arm to point people to the side of me and say 6' over please. There are people who still won't move so I always get off the path before I get to them.

People coughing and not covering their mouths is why I don't go to Walmart. Seems like everyone there does it.

I wear my mask when I'm out whether grocery shopping or walking.

Mary

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
for the moment those who are really vulnerable should be not out in public - i think that is just asking for trouble. once we get past peak and those who are infected recover then it would be more possible to be out and about.

i still am lucky in that i do not need to go out at all.
My daughter always asks me if I need anything when she's going to the store. But sometimes her trip doesn't coincide with when I need something. I try to go every 10 days for milk and fresh fruit and veggies. So it's almost impossible for me not to go to the store. I always wear my mask and stay way farther than 6' from people. I also dash in and out as fast as I can. So some of us can't stay home 100% even if we wanted too.

Mary

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
IMO, it’s more important for the sick to stay home. For those that say, I don’t know I’m sick, if you are coughing regularly, fever, runny nose, you are sick, stay home.
@ninnymary agree Walmart seems to attract the weird of this world. Always amazed at what I see there. Of course, some may see me as “the weird”.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Just to lighten the situation.

Attachments

• 1586540763841.png
    1586540763841.png
    693.7 KB · Views: 141

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
My company FINALY came out with the Safe Working Procedures for us scalehouse folks this past Monday.
I just rolled my eyes. Thanks to a little time in a vet hospital YEARS ago, the procedures in MY scalehouse ar so far beyond what the company requires it makes them look like a joke. I've tried to share what I'm doing with the others in my area and all I get are eye-rolls. Since 80% of the other sites are local or in-state waste only, it's probably not as much of a risk for them. But my site is right at 60% out-of-state and almost all of that is from NY. By our license I'm required to accept paperwork from the drivers for certain types of waste. 🤢
I'm running that place like it's a Parvo ward & 10' from a litter of $100,000,000.00 puppies.