n95 dust masks

TwinCitiesPanda

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Sorry you're hurt that people are repeating the fact that older folks and those with underlying conditions are most likely to die from this disease. But it's a fact (one of the few actual "facts" that we know about this virus). Whether it hurts your feelings or not.
Secondly, sorry it scares you that your parents and grandparents will die before you. But. Again. Facts are Facts. That's probably going to happen, Co Vid 19 or not. Come to terms with it.
Expendable? No......but yes.
I feel qualified to say these things. My qualifications? I am 67 years old. I have at risk underlying health problems. If....no, WHEN I catch this virus, it is most likely a death sentence for me. I won't take a vaccine if one is developed. Last time I took a flu shot, I became so sick I was not able to dial 911 on my phone. So what? I've had a good full life. I'm still able to do most of the things I enjoy doing. I'm not locked up, vegetable style in a nursing home. News flash. Life itself is a death sentence. None of us are going to get out alive. Why is everyone so afraid of dying?
Back to the Expendable part. I'm in no hurry to go, and I would certainly balk at voluntarily walking into a gas chamber.....but if given a choice between me living or someone in their prime dying, into the chamber I'd go.I've done mine. I'm "expendable"....somewhat.
Please, with respect. Get over yourself and grow up.

Get over myself? The fact that the elderly and sick are disproportionately affected doesn’t hurt my feelings. That people say it as a way to say, don’t worry, it’s not a big deal, only the old and infirm will die in large numbers” is what bothers me. Of course I know my elders are likely to die before me. What upsets me is that some people think their lives are worthless and they’re a token sacrifice.

It doesn’t look like I’m the one who needs to grow up- you’ve the empathy and compassion of a child. A shame at your age. (With respect)

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
They have asked to spend less of their PPP loan proceeds on wages for workers and more on other expenses, such as mortgage principal or franchise fees that get paid to larger companies like Marriott International Inc. and McDonald’s Corp. They want to wait longer before they must rehire employees who have already been furloughed or laid off. From Orlando Sentinel

Where our “bail out” money from Federal government is going. Not to ma/pa businesses but mega chains. Not to workers but to pay Corp fees and principle.

On other news front, people that got money from next year’s tax break are spending more on video games than groceries-who would have thought it?

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Xerocles Consider source move on. Can’t have a conversation with panicked or hysterical. Understand that is not what you said at all.

Xerocles

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
@Xerocles Consider source move on. Can’t have a conversation with panicked or hysterical. Understand that is not what you said at all.
Not a problem. Know how society is going. In fact, I have my own "bunny petting room" complete with gently relaxing breezes and bird songs in the background for when I need "stress relief". It's called "the farm". Those bleeding heart snowflakes with delicate sensibilities would feel right at home here....until I went to my next "secure spot" and started target practice with the .30-30 to relieve the rest of my stress. Should have never said anything in the first place...know better.....but just hit me at the wrong time.

Dirtmechanic

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
They have asked to spend less of their PPP loan proceeds on wages for workers and more on other expenses, such as mortgage principal or franchise fees that get paid to larger companies like Marriott International Inc. and McDonald’s Corp. They want to wait longer before they must rehire employees who have already been furloughed or laid off. From Orlando Sentinel

Where our “bail out” money from Federal government is going. Not to ma/pa businesses but mega chains. Not to workers but to pay Corp fees and principle.

On other news front, people that got money from next year’s tax break are spending more on video games than groceries-who would have thought it?
Any business with 75% cost of labor is no longer a business after expenses.

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
To lighten the tension here:

A guy clearing out the basement while on stay at home orders finds an old oil lamp. When he rubs it, a genie appears.

"Guess I get three wishes, huh?" the guy says and the genie just nods in assent.

"Okay, for my first wish, I'd like a dozen boxes of Cuban cigars!" Poof and they are on the floor beside him.

"For my second wish, I'd like pizza delivered free for the rest of my life!" Poof there is a gift card in his hand and he wonders a bit about this genie because it is for only one delivery, but the guy figures it magically will work for years to come.

"For my third wish, I'd like a bag of limes and a case of Corona!" Poof, he has a bag of limes and a high fever.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Any business with 75% cost of labor is no longer a business after expenses.
Fulling expecting this bailout for small business off 500 employees or less to make it yet again to giant companies, I unfortunately was correct. If a giant corporations has locations of 500 employees or less in multiple locations they were given bailout money.. And poof it was quickly all gone. Yet again finding it's way to the super wealthy. If it translates to the employees I will be OK with it, but I am not confident that will happen..

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
They are asking that they can use it on fixed costs vs. employees. Follow the money....

Latest posts