Name Your Heirloom Tomatoes For This Year!

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Kim_NC said:
:woot We picked our first Mountain Spring heirlooms yesterday. And they were delicious!
You are kidding me!!! :th

I have dozens of heavy green tomatoes on my plants, and so far haven't picked a one. Haven't seen any changing color! (Though some of them are actually meant to stay green, but you get the point!)

So sad, I sooooooooooo want a tomato. Other then tomato sauce, and 1 tomato from the farm stand I haven't had a FRESH tomato since Fall.... because I refuse to eat it out of season.

dntd

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Only a few have small green tomatoes the rest are flowering, they seem to take forever;)The last frost was less then a month ago.

Kim_NC

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
dntd said:
Only a few have small green tomatoes the rest are flowering, they seem to take forever;)The last frost was less then a month ago.
:welcome What state or zone are you in?

vfem said:
Kim_NC said:
:woot We picked our first Mountain Spring heirlooms yesterday. And they were delicious!
You are kidding me!!! :th

I have dozens of heavy green tomatoes on my plants, and so far haven't picked a one. Haven't seen any changing color! (Though some of them are actually meant to stay green, but you get the point!)

So sad, I sooooooooooo want a tomato. Other then tomato sauce, and 1 tomato from the farm stand I haven't had a FRESH tomato since Fall.... because I refuse to eat it out of season.
Well, these two didn't get very big...maybe 6-8 oz each. For whatever reason they decided to ripen sooner. Many others on the same vines are much bigger and still greenish.

I'm eyeballing grape tomatoes now. I had some this morning almost ready to pick....either for this evening or in the morning.

PotterWatch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I have about 6 or 7 fireworks tomatoes that just started to color up within the last day or two. Other than that, none of my heirlooms have anything but green fruit or no fruit at all.

dntd

Leafing Out
Reaction score
I'm from ontario so I'm in zone 6/7 I would have planted earlier but frost was really bad up until may 24 some tomatoe plants I planted earlier died.

Holachicka

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I planted Mr stripey, and beefsteak. I planted my black krim seeds but they didn't come up, so I bought the other two! Can't wait!