Nawthern vs Southern

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
For the newbies as they may not understand some terms or abuses by the southerners.

All Nawtherners (as the southerners refer to us) are easy going, patient people that take much abuse from them. We are a diverse group as the midwestern nawtherners have different challenges and diets vs. NE or NW nawtherners. Most of our food lacks the spices and flavor. Too many English, German, Scandinavian influences.

Now Southerners (they refer to themselves as pea pickers, bless your heart-code for kiss my @@@ if you don’t like us) are particularly cruel in that they love to post pix of their gardens or what they are eating out of garden while we are fighting cold, ice, snow, etc. Then we get bored from winter and looking at seed catalogs, they stop posting pix. They instigate all attacks. They are also a diverse group from SW, to south central to eastern coastal and western coastal. All of their food is to die for as it includes spices, fats and flavor. Just for reference, one of them loves to neuter, name and then butchers them. Don’t tell me about how great of a life they give them (freedom, great food, treats, treated with respect) as I can’t get past the neutering.........

So if you are a nawtherners, develop a thick skin as they just can’t help themselves. IF you are a pea picker, we still love you, as we recognize you just can’t help yourself.

Pulsegleaner

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
As a person of the region known as "Arrogant NY a***ole who thinks they are SO much more sophisticated than any of us country folk." I admit a problem with the appropriation of the term "pea picker", since everyone knows what you have are COW peas. REAL peas take the cold weather of us Yankees.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
As a matter of fact, I just went through my seed stash and will be planting English Peas, you know those GREEN things the 3rd week of February. Got some sugar snaps too. Can't plant the REAL peas until April, when they kick in, they will bear until frost. Dunno why you Nawthurners call them COW peas-we don't waste them on the cows! LOL LOL

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
I know I am involved in this somehow but being such a slow drawl southener I just have to figure out how. Oh well I guess I will just post some January pics of how GREEN everything is down here...:plbb
Correct response would be just because I talk slow, doesn’t mean I think slow. :lol:

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Let me help you out there, @Dirtmechanic I just happened to have a picture I took today of a green pasture. No snow or ice here!

4131C2A9-D9B5-4158-A625-9DD228855AF3.jpeg