Nawthern vs Southern

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Problem with these types of surveys are they value paper degrees only. Give me a great mechanic, plumber, etc over most college PHD’s. There is no difference in populations on the ability to learn-just how some value that piece of paper or standardized tests. My Dad from South had a 6th grade education but yet, in the Nawth, they sent him all their insolvable cases. Don’t think it was because he was stooopid.....

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
when northerners go south it sure doesn't do much to improve their respective gene pools - they're past reproductive age and obviously the weak ones that can't take it up here.

someday perhaps i'll do that too. we'll see.

in the meantime i'll be getting some healthy exercise and fresh air in a few minutes. i won't likely have to wear much since it is above freezing. when you keep moving and have the right clothes winter weather isn't much of a risk. just don't get wet and stay out if the wind chills are too bad. you know, common sense, like coming in from the heat when it gets too hot...

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Problem with these types of surveys are they value paper degrees only. Give me a great mechanic, plumber, etc over most college PHD’s. There is no difference in populations on the ability to learn-just how some value that piece of paper or standardized tests. My Dad from South had a 6th grade education but yet, in the Nawth, they sent him all their insolvable cases. Don’t think it was because he was stooopid.....

like all statistics, they should be evaluated with a margin of scepticism... i think they're funny more often than not. to me the real evaluation would be how happy the people are and that would be reflected in many other statistics like poverty, crime, health, and life span.

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
I like our seasons here up north you southerner
921AF92E-45B8-47B5-8EC1-3FA3E7521CFC.jpeg

I enjoy the winter as much as I do the spring, summer ,and fall. Sure I could be laying around drinking syrup sweet tea, eating some kind of okra, and scratching chiggers but instead of that I get to go out and shovel off roofs.
5E4973A3-DE9E-498F-8DAA-A15CAD311621.jpeg

Eat your hearts out southern folk.

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Your parsley should be fine. Mine was good until it got down into the 20s. Back in October. :rolleyes:

October is when the heat broke and I could start planting and transplanting the stuff you plant in spring....err early summer.

I'll cover the parsley with a sheet if it gets close to frost. I'd expect it to live but it might get a few leaves "burnt" where they turn brown or yellow. anyway the dehydrator is full and I did not get sunburned.

Dirtmechanic

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Seed I can recognize a plaintive cry for more photos just you can see what you are missing. I hate for you to have to rely on your imagination, So I took this for you a few minutes ago. It's parsley. After lunch I plan to fill my dehydrator with this. It's a bright sunny day in the mid-70's so I'll be sure to stay in the shade as I'm cleaning it to avoid sunburn. I pick it off leaf by leaf to avoid stems, takes a while. It's too warm out there for long sleeves so sunburn is a danger.

View attachment 34104

I probably should mention one reason I'm doing this today is that we are forecast to have a low of 34 F in a few days. I want to get this before frost hits it. Not sure how parsley does in a light frost.
Just Brutal. You remind me of a professional wrestler!

I do hope I can share some gardening with my formerly southern but now northern friends.

Latest posts