Nawthern vs Southern

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I’m ROTFLMAO!! @MinnesotaGardening you are giving @seedcorn the backup he has always desired but never had. At last! I like the way you’ve jumped right in and become one of the family. You know, the part of the family nobody talks about........Nawthurners.

My momma wrote a family history book....we wuz smart from the git-go. Landed right there in the Carolinas. When we moved, we went south. No Nawtherners in our family tree!

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Its not a joke. I used to mail dead mosquitos from Alaska back to Alabama just because I had to prove they had fur. Now the ones down here carry west nile so nobody cares
AA2A9422-651C-4B50-AAAC-21F8880570AA.jpeg

MinnesotaGardening

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I’m ROTFLMAO!! @MinnesotaGardening you are giving @seedcorn the backup he has always desired but never had. At last! I like the way you’ve jumped right in and become one of the family. You know, the part of the family nobody talks about........Nawthurners.

My momma wrote a family history book....we wuz smart from the git-go. Landed right there in the Carolinas. When we moved, we went south. No Nawtherners in our family tree!
It's tough to talk about the family that has it so much better that you do.. haha jk. I was going to a friend's house with food after work today and I left it sit in my car. I had to put it in a cooler so it DIDNT freeze during the day. :lol:

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
It’s 27 degrees here! All you Nawthurners go outside, take a deep breath and suck the cold back up there! We got outside things to do today. DH has to renew his drivers license, we are going to get there early and stand at the door so maybe we can be first and not have to wait 4 hours for his turn. Then to the Feed store for a half ton of Feed. Home, unload and stack. Then out back to push some swales with tractor and hand rake. Spread sheep hay over bare dirt that is loaded on the Kawasaki mule. Then load it up again and spread it. By that time it should be time for a late lunch. Got some chicken fried steak (lamb) leftovers to warm up, then back outside! BOO on cold!

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Around 33 here this morning. I'll wait a couple of hours to take the sheets off of the plants and see if there is any frost damage. The sheets will probably go back on tonight, but then we're back into the lows in the 40's and 50's for a while.

I'm staying in today. Granddaughter has a fever so we'll take care of her while her parents do not miss work. She has a doctor's appointment for two.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
It's 30° and tho the 100% chance of snow/then rain is only just now reaching the Cascades, the barometer is falling and the temperature has been rising since 1am. It's almost as tho someone inhaled east of the Rockies and that's pulling this warm, wet weather off the Pacific.

The radar map has the storm looking like a cowboy with loose chaps and a big hat trying to step over the mountains while dragging a blanket across Oregon and northern California. 4:30am and he better wake up or it's just gonna be a big stumble and a flop!

I hope the temperature doesn't come up as far as the WS says it will by the weekend. We want this precipitation as snow everywhere in the higher elevations without melting and where it will do some good in the coming months.

During the summer, so much of the country hereabouts is 5 miles from the nearest open water. Quite beyond mosquito range of even the most athletic flyers.

Steve