Nawthern vs Southern

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Xerocles you mentioned kudzu you do know that a northern knuckle dragger saw kudzu at a expo in Philadelphia in the early 1930's it was President Franklin Roosevelt good man helped start many great organizations, but yes a yankee he listened to the Department of Agriculture <mainly all yankees> he was misinformed misguided by them about kudzu.
so during the During the Great Depression they planted it everywhere to control soil erosion..by the time the program was done they planted 46 million acres of this evil vine down south and a few other states...

was not till the 1950's the yankee government <using their 1 brain cell> conceded that
Kudzu is a Southern ecological disaster....

you said i should be nice to the cave dwelling knuckle dragging northerners, i try to but it's so hard to talk to them, especially when they offer a bowl of paint chips.. so i just pat them on their heads and go on my way.

all in fun.... :plbb :plbb

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! I actually have a T-shirt that says MY HAIR IS THIS COLOR BECAUSE I ATE PAINT CHIPS AS A CHILD.

I think I'd better get a DNA test to make sure I have no knuckle dragging nawthurner radical cells in my body...…... :lol: :lol:

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Mom did that too, we blame her for everything. lol i asked her why. she said they tasted sweet, but perhaps she just made that up... if it was chocolate i would understand. :)

Xerocles

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Seedcorn @baymule explained to me that you kinda get in the winter doldrums. And that pictures of growing things helps to "pick you up". On my way back to the house from the garden today (spreading brown mulch, not the white mulch you guys are using right now) I spotted these by the path and hoped it might bring a little joy into your frozen world.
20200203_150633_HDR.jpg

Pulsegleaner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Mom did that too, we blame her for everything. lol i asked her why. she said they tasted sweet, but perhaps she just made that up... if it was chocolate i would understand. :)
She wasn't. Lead does indeed have a sweetish taste (they actually used to add it to things like candy for this reason)

The same way the used to add arsenic, because it was such a pretty shade of green......

Latest posts