Nawthern vs Southern

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Denver is in northeastern Colorado (and by line of latitude, almost on the Mason-Dixon Line).

The entire state has had quite a bad winter storm, temperatures in the teens and single digitS'. They found your missed 5" of snow and more, Seed'.

Are the people living there Nawthurn or Southurn? Highlander?

(Hey. It's 7am and really light out! But, here comes our next storm.)

Steve

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Denver is in northeastern Colorado (and by line of latitude, almost on the Mason-Dixon Line).

The entire state has had quite a bad winter storm, temperatures in the teens and single digitS'. They found your missed 5" of snow and more, Seed'.

Are the people living there Nawthurn or Southurn? Highlander?

(Hey. It's 7am and really light out! But, here comes our next storm.)

Steve

it was a nice boost to the snow pack. they can use a few more good ones like that before the winter ends.

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hopefully they will get a lot of good snow-pack, even on this side of the continental divide. And hopefully it will warm up gradually enough that the snow slowly melts so they can use the water and not cause floods downstream.

Being downstream I'm not that worried about the potential of flooding down here from stuff coming in west of the Mississippi River. That's a fairly small percentage of the total water in the Mississippi River. Our problems generally come from what is happening east of the Mississippi river, especially the Ohio Valley. When they flood we notice it.

This does not mean that people downstream on the Missouri or other western rivers don't have problems, they certainly do face floods. But once the Missouri empties into the Mississippi it's total contribution generally isn't that much. A slow melt of that snow-pack is a good thing for all.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
okay you knuckle dragging cave dwelling neanderthals, just so you know we have did have our winter finally...
IMG_1138[1].JPG

thanks for trying to disrupt our February.....

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
you know it isn't me! my hands are like George, i could be a hand model. nobody will see callouses on my knuckles! *whew!*

Latest posts