Neighbor Trying To Stop Garage

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
1). You don’t know who stopped the permit. Need to find out who did as they may not be one of the residents that got a variance.
2). While permits may sound like an invasion of rights, do any of us want a giant statue of something we find inappropriate or bill board advertising something we find totally detestable? Or someone building an unsafe building?
3). Next suggestion, you are going to HATE, you need to apologize to your neighbors. They did nothing wrong-that you know of. How would you like it if your neighbor, next door business, etc, came up to you drunk, on drugs, telling you that they were going to put up a billboard advertising something inappropriate to area? (Hooters ad in residence area is inappropriate).
4). FYI, I’m a hypocrite on this as I called local realtor when he tried to steal my mothers house-while she was dying-and thanked him for his Christian charity but I sold the house to Mexican drug lords that wanted to meet him. So take #3, with grain of salt.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Mary then you buy next to a protected park. Private land there is always a chance owner will do something with it. i am planing on planted a ever green hedge a long the road. I will bet my bottom dollar it was these neighbors, no other house will look at it all other neighbors views will not change. What kills me is 6 years ago they got a variance to turn their attached garage into a apartment for sick mother. Then they buiit a new metal ugly giant garage. There garage is not in keeping with style of neighborhood. It looks like it belongs in a industrial park. Mine is very cute wood A frame window boxes cupola with weather vane carriage doors.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
You may be correct but what if you aren’t? I’d take it up with zoning board. Pointing out ugly pole shed vs what you are doing. With them, I’d get nasty if they didn’t give me reasonable answers.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Mary then you buy next to a protected park. Private land there is always a chance owner will do something with it. i am planing on planted a ever green hedge a long the road. I will bet my bottom dollar it was these neighbors, no other house will look at it all other neighbors views will not change. What kills me is 6 years ago they got a variance to turn their attached garage into a apartment for sick mother. Then they buiit a new metal ugly giant garage. There garage is not in keeping with style of neighborhood. It looks like it belongs in a industrial park. Mine is very cute wood A frame window boxes cupola with weather vane carriage doors.
I wonder if they know how nice it will be.

Mary

Latest posts