Neighbor Trying To Stop Garage

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
.. is it possible that the objection did not come from a neighbor???
Does the zoning board require proof of residency to file an objection? Or just someone calling to complain? I have NO idea how these things work, just wondering out loud (in type/print)

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Each neighbor is notified by certified mail of project. They have the right to protest project. I am the only house on my side of street. Because it is corner property I have neighbors on 2 streets. The side street has 3 houses across road, the street which is house address has 6 houses across rode. Out of 9 only 1 protested.

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
Each neighbor is notified by certified mail of project. They have the right to protest project. I am the only house on my side of street. Because it is corner property I have neighbors on 2 streets. The side street has 3 houses across road, the street which is house address has 6 houses across rode. Out of 9 only 1 protested.

You should be OK~ It would be nice to get and idea of~ You could talk to them at the building dept.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I think you did the right thing in confronting them. Can you put pigs on your land? If so, let it be known that if you can't have your beautiful garage, then you will put pigs in place of it. Good idea @seedcorn