New CL Find

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
sSig_youtheman[1].gif

The next time I'm looking for something - I am going to put you on the task!

(By the way, see if you can find a Dodge Raider in mint condition for $3000 or less.....)

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Nice find, great price!
I think I have an arbor obsession I refuse to admit to. Every garden needs at least one, and a clematis!

I just scored on an antique cast iron patio set, now trying to find a place to put it.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Lavender2 photos photos we love antiques !!! I have same obsession this makes my 4 th arbor. My favorite a friend made out of copper pipes, I do worry it will be stolen one day for scrap .

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I have 3 arbors, so far, and have an offer on a fourth. :oops: But I know right where I need one!

A guy was storing this patio set for a friend in FL. She had the set for 60 years. He stored it for 12 years and told her it has to go. By the construction and type of screws, I have been able to date it to pre-1950, but it's difficult to date cast iron without markings, which I have not found on it yet. I have wished for a set like this for a long time and the price was right, $100. I couldn't believe it!

IMG_3221.JPG

IMG_3222.JPG

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Do you have a photo of your copper arbor? I think they are my favorite.

DH and I made one, before copper cost as much as gold. It's out of public sight, but I worry about thiefs too! Creeps! :smack
Sad when you have to wish something would depreciate.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wow that was some good buy on set, here the table alone would go for that. Will have to get photo of copper arbor, was made for me about 15 /20 years ago. bright and shinny new copper turned a dark brown, but never got the green patina I was hopping for.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wow that was some good buy on set, here the table alone would go for that. Will have to get photo of copper arbor, was made for me about 15 /20 years ago. bright and shinny new copper turned a dark brown, but never got the green patina I was hopping for.

In jewelry making, there are solutions you can purchase to get different patinas on copper jewelry. Here are some you can mix up yourself at home to get it that look in as little as a day. It's a combination of salts and acids that does the trick. You can test it out on a copper penny first too.

You will owe us a pic of how it turns out! :)

Latest posts