New CL Find

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
There ya go @Nyboy , just buy more beer, and lock the bathroom... put a restroom sign on the arbor. It might also keep the deer away, for a while anyway.

My arbor is still brown also, but I don't think I want lots of pee on my wisteria. There is a nice patina where the flux was applied by the joints though, as @bobm suggested.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Not if I am getting up to house this weekend. If I don't it will be 3 weeks, we had little rain. Sure anything not hit with sprinklers is toast.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I remember years ago reading a gardening book, the author was having deer trouble. He tried every type urine on the market with no luck. He had a very good friend who worked at local zoo, friend brought him home tiger scat. Did not see 1 deer after putting down tiger scat !!
Well there you go Thistle. Go to the zoo! :D

Mary

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Best bet is to allow target practice year round. They aren't smart enough to know difference between practice and hunting.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
You mean they will be scared off by hearing shots?
I guess Idaho deer don't scare easy. All the neighbors target practice but the deer still ate my potato tops and rhubarb.
Where they are a real problem is in town where you can't discharge a weapon.
I don't think they'd care though. They stroll through neighborhoods like they own them, and only run off about 20 feet when you run and yell at them.
Not that I would know this from actual practice, I'm much too dignified. But I do hear stories...

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Then get a pellet gun. Quiet but stings like crazy. They will leave

Latest posts