New Grandbaby!!!!!!!!!!!

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I was mistaken when I said she changed the spelling. She spelled it the same as in the game/books. Drizzt! :hide I'm sorry but I don't know why she would do that to a child. I swear I did not abuse or drop this woman as a child. ;) She just has to be "different" I guess. Hopefully no one will torture him about his name.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
At least it wasn't a daughter-in-law situation. That could cause some friction!

His classmates will probably think it is a very cool name.

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
That's what I'm hoping for Journey! He's getting big.... took him to the Dr's for a check up today, he was 7.4 at birth, now he's 7.15!!!! Little piggy! :D and of course he had to puke all over meemaw! :/

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I have been pretty silent on the subject. I would like to throttle the daylights out of my daughter for naming him that. I also looked up the name. The best role model she could find to name her child after came from a game? I wouldn't expect her to name the boy after me, but I will admit that it stung a little to learn that I was beaten out by an imaginary character in a silly game.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Congratulations on the new grandchild, both of you!

These "New Millenial" names take some getting used to. Course, the other side are the old names. I kind of have the feeling other kids Drizzt's age might think that's anm awesome name, or whatever cool word replaces "awesome" in a few years. Epic?

TheSeedObsesser

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
marshallsmyth said:
Congratulations on the new grandchild, both of you!

These "New Millenial" names take some getting used to. Course, the other side are the old names. I kind of have the feeling other kids Drizzt's age might think that's anm awesome name, or whatever cool word replaces "awesome" in a few years. Epic?
I'm of that generation, and I'd personally rather give my children names such as Mary or John. And, who knows? Maybe even something like "Margarett." Why not?

I actually have a few Drists (No Drizzts that I know of) at my school, so the name must not be too new. I actually kind of like the name, the origin of it kind of ruined it for me though. :)

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Is he healthy? Is he safe?

Those are the ONLY things that matter. Would you rather his name be William and a full term stillborn? You have a grandson. Enjoy every minute that you can with him. Don't let something like his name be such an issue that it sours the relationship between the 2 of you or between you & your daughter.

Give him a nickname that you get to call him something special between the 2 of you. Might help take some of the anger out of it.

Not trying to be a jerk Monty but when you look at the alternatives there's A LOT worse things he could have than a name from a fictional character in a role playing game.

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
It's not going to ruin our relationship with our daughter or the baby! We will just call him by his middle name Lee. We just think it's a little silly of her to name him Drizzt..... after a game! She knew we wouldnt like the name so kept it a secret for 8 months!

Latest posts