New Pics of the Garden

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Jim, those are some very nice raised beds you have there! Does the Dutch head do well that close together? I also love the repurposed carport. There also seems to be a number of beehives around your property. I really want to get into bees next spring. It was on the slate for this spring, but my foray into chickens was more expensive and time consuming than I anticipated.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
WOW you are way ahead of us. Teh raised beds look fabulous. We hav slowing been replacing the old garden plot with raised beds. For now the only things not in raised beds are beans, peas, potatoes and watermelon, zucs and the like. Love the chicken yard. Looks nice and secure. Sis is looking into starting chickens and needs something to keep out the coyotes, coon and opussoms. I'll show here this. On SAturday DH brought home his 1st bees. :) We are inawe of them already. Isn't gardening fun. :)

bj taylor

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
jim, what a beautiful set up! your beds are great and your carport coop/run is super great. I've got a carport just like that coming in a few days. it's going to be a goat shed & i'm going to hang rabbit hutches along one side. can't wait.
I missed the bees & had to do a re-check. I would love to have bees but it sounds so complicated & I'm afraid of Africanized hives.

JimWWhite

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
bj taylor said:
jim, what a beautiful set up! your beds are great and your carport coop/run is super great. I've got a carport just like that coming in a few days. it's going to be a goat shed & i'm going to hang rabbit hutches along one side. can't wait.
I missed the bees & had to do a re-check. I would love to have bees but it sounds so complicated & I'm afraid of Africanized hives.
I think the Africanized bees have pretty much played out as they have moved into the U.S., at least that's what I've been told by the local beekeepers.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
That's looking real good!

Mary, there is no gourmet treat like raw asparagus! I don't even know why people cook it. Maybe store bought is better cooked is all. Try some store bought asparagus raw. You'll notice a nutty flavor but not much sweetness to it.

When it is absolutely fresh picked...words fail me! I personally feel that every county in the country should be required to spread asparagus seeds all around, by the ton.

May asparagus become a noxious weed! Ah, may they develop varieties that make spears every month of the year!

=====

I had one Hornworm once.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
:thumbsup Very nice, Jim! I love that the beds are laid out all nice and square. I am going to invest in some asparagus one of these days, once I can get the old stump out of my front yard to make room for another couple of raised beds.

Latest posts