New Record

aftermidnight

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Sometime?
why not now? :thumbsup

O.K. @baymule just for you, when still in the Navy DS#2 spent two tours aboard ship in the Persian Gulf, on one tour, my son the taxidermist smuggled a stuffed racoon aboard. After being at sea for 3 or 4 months one night when the captain was probable on the bridge he went into his cabin, messed it up and ruffled up the bed sticking the stuffed animal in the bedding. Then they all waited for the Captain's reaction when he entered his cabin to see two beady little eyes staring at him from between the sheets, all I will say it had everyone in stitches.

Another time the ship was at sea during Christmas, before they sailed DS#2 and the captain secretly brought some special supplies aboard. Christmas morning when the men went for breakfast all the officers were behind the counter in McDonalds and Tim Horton uniforms the men stepped up and the officers took their orders. These two companies donated everything, made for a brighter Christmas for the men away from their families.

When in the Persian Gulf his ship put on a dinner for the officers of one of the U.S. ships. The main course was cedar planked pacific salmon with homemade wild raspberry jelly, can't remember what else he served. He brought all that aboard himself, fish he had caught himself, the planks he made also the jelly, it was a big hit or so I was told.

When on the ice roads he fed those truckers really well, they had never had roast beef with Yorkshire pudding before, when he came out for a break they almost went on strike, they wanted their chef back.

He did a banquet once for Royalty but also he wasn't one to take any guff, once standing behind the table at a posh do helping with the serving, a very drunk higher ranking then he officer asked him "whus in the bowl", he answered tossed salad sir, "sho les see ya toss it, said belligerently ", son did right over his head, no he didn't get charged but he made his point.
Geez I have to quit now before I get myself in trouble, but you are all family right?

Annette
P.S. DS#2 and wife leave on their honeymoon tomorrow, we are so happy for him, his kids are too. He finally found his soulmate, hubby and I absolutely adore her.

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
...I normally don't like hiring friends but decided to give a try. Yesterday was suppose to be his first day. He told groomer he was sick will be in tomorrow. He showed up at 7:55 quit at 8:45. Did not like being outside in this weather. Less then a hour new record here.
Oh, do I know that feeling. We have a large temp labor work force at my job... quits & no-shows are pretty much a daily occurrence. I've probably had several hundred different people working for me at various times, had many quit because they couldn't choose their own job, or choose who they worked with/for. It gets hard to remember new names after awhile, I've got "name fatigue".:old

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
COOL I love when men discover they are artistic. Dad was retired before he took up wood carving. He carved some of the most beautiful birds and realistic fish. Now that he is gone they are among our most cherished possessions.

So as not to hijack this post, I will start a new thread showing Dad's carvings. :) Look for
My talented Dad's wood carving

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
This is going to be a bad weekend have over 60 dogs here, short on help, snow and arctic weather

I came inside from feeding the rabbits the other night. Sliding on ice, freezing cold,and I told DS, I am glad I had to work so hard when I was young taking care of greyhounds and because if it I can do anything. I had to go out in all the bad weather, early and late and hot or cold. Hard work taking care of dogs. The worst was after a real hard day and you are ready for bed and see a pregnant female starting to pant or dig at her bed. Now you get to stay up all night. I hope you get some hired help soon.

Latest posts