New Record

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
It is hard to find good employees. I despise lateness. I despise even more not showing up. I fired for both, after a paper trail of write ups documenting what they did/did not do.

We ran through a lot of people before we got a good crew. We also hired people who never showed back up, went to lunch and didn't come back and they didn't even have to scoop dog poop! :lol: AND it wasn't 300 degrees below zero! :\

I hope you can find a good person to replace the one who is leaving. Haha, several of the unwritten/unsaid qualifications we looked for was excessive tattoos ( like on the face) rotted teeth (meth head) ability to read and write, and smokers. It was one of my pet peeves to be paying someone who was on the back loading dock smoking and customers wandering around with NO ONE to wait on them. I tried specific break times, that didn't work either. We had a tattooed fella work for us, he just had to wear long pants, no shorts in the summer.

The joys of your own business. ;) It has it's rewards, but you earn every one of them.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
View attachment 23773

We had a new hire a few months ago. Hired to be an equipment operator on a landfill. Spent a week in the office working through all the training videos and such. Spend 5 hours on the landfill his first "real" day. Clocked out for lunch, never came back.
Eventually I heard that he had said that he had no idea it would be so much trash and smell ..... o_O

When I was interviewed for a purchaser job at a garbage company, the general manager took me to a full 6 yard front loader can, alive with maggots, reeking of foul odors and flipped the lid up. I never flinched. He hired me.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
THE BEST thing DH and I did as parents was to not pay for driving insurance for our 3 DD's. They had to work if they wanted to drive, so they all got entry level jobs at 16yo. Now almost all in their 30's, all gainfully employed and all have great work ethic.
Youngest DD, atty, is constantly in contact with people whose first job is right out of law school, and they do things like leaving early on a Friday, or calling in sick and not prepping their files for the other attys who have to cover for them, or just being sloppy. The new asst PD (not her office) would sit in his office playing solitaire to pass the time. If you don't know, SA's and PD's normally come to court with stacks of files and not enough time to get it all done in a 40 hr work. My DD often comes in on Sundays, or stays until dinnertime to keep up.
Still, she finally said that God gave her the job and not to worry about it anymore.
All 3 DD's insist that everybody ought to work retail (like they did) around the holidays and they would know how to treat people better if they did.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
@kennelboy, you have been on line 5 times today!!!!! can not believe with 60 dogs that you have done all your chores.... and with evening turnout you will not have time to see the ball drop tonight
I will be in bed long before ball drops. City under high alert for terrorism tonight

Latest posts