New Toy

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
i really do miss my little S-10. i've been eye balling a neat 1950's Chevy truck for sale that is in restoring stages. needs it's front window and possibly a paint job. i haven't seen how much they want for it but i imagine a bit of money. i've always wanted an older truck to dabble with. wish i had my own garage to store in to do the work on it.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
1950 chevy how cool go for it. Jared was told it does 1/4 mile under 9 seconds!!
Chickie'sMomaInNH said:
i really do miss my little S-10. i've been eye balling a neat 1950's Chevy truck for sale that is in restoring stages. needs it's front window and possibly a paint job. i haven't seen how much they want for it but i imagine a bit of money. i've always wanted an older truck to dabble with. wish i had my own garage to store in to do the work on it.

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
i really can't at the moment. i'm not sure of my temp job situation at the moment so any extra money should be set aside for necessities. i'd love it if i could get my dad to take a look at it and help me with the work if i could just convince him it would be worth the $$ to get it with me!
4chsmu1.gif
he has a garage, but his 2 vintage Honda Gold Wing's get top spot in one half while my mom's stuff she wants to yardsale takes up the other half.

i had to look up the body style to get a good guess on the year. it looks to be from late 1955 to about 1959. need to take a look at that front end again, but i noticed the curved window and it just screamed 1950's when i saw it! my dad used to own a 1958 Chris Craft ski boat he had restored back in the 80's and it had that similar front window. i remember helping him work on that engine too! i miss those days of being able to jump into that boat to work on it with him!

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I just saw a 1956 chevy pickup, good daily driver condition, in our local Craigsist for sale. I was instantly mesmerized, that's the same year as our camper and i though HOW COOL WOULD THAT BE!! But, it was spendy, he was asking for best offer over 6 grand. Oh, AND 2 of us live here, and there are 4 (! ) vehicles in our driveway plus a camper, yikes!!

Nyboy, every time i see an El Camino now i try and picture it in lavender!! Bet its pretty freakin awesome.

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Geez 9 sec? That's moving!

I'd love to a Ford F100. Something classic about those old workhorses. Same with the older Chevy C10s. Big fan till about the mid to late 70's when they changed the grill around and made it that real square front ends of the 80's. :sick

And no step sides!!! Unless its a truck with the rounded hood and front end then flows with the rest of the truck and it looks good. Once you go to a more squared front end it just looks silly.

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
when i see one of those 80's GM/Chevy trucks it brings me back to when i was a kid and a neighbor across the street had one. i think of them as a 'block'-seemed rugged but not much in the way of looks like the older, curvier pre-70's cars and trucks. when did it become fashionable in the 70's-80's to drive a car or truck that looked like a brick, drove like a brick, and sucked down gas like it was carrying a ton or two of bricks!

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
You guys got me visualizing my new 2002 Subaru Outback loaded up with Bramble berry plants!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
F100? I had a '74 F100. The Ranchero was a '66 and my "college car" ;). The engine I put in it, after I was making some money, was a 260 cubic inch and sure didn't make it capable of 9 second miles :)! I wasn't really trying to build a hot rod but the little 6 cylinder was kind of tedious. (My hot rod was a Fairlane 500 with a 289 but I couldn't resist the $ offers I had for that car :p.)

The F100 had a bigger 6 cylinder but it was okay. It even had an 8' bed. I made good use of that truck :).

Then to the F250 for a 1978 and 1988. The neighbor was real happy to see the '78 towed back into the driveway and was over at the fence in a (New York) minute offering $50 for it. He was a good enuf mechanic to keep it going for a few years but I always ran them down until there was no more chance for me to be in the driver's seat. The '88 went to charity . . . I suppose this '99 Dodge will too, soon enuf.

Steve

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wait...

Lavender? El Camino? That combination releases fermions and we ALL know what can happen if a fermion collides with a Higgs Boson! They almost imploded the whole universe over to Cern when someone drove by the lab in a lavender El Camino.

Just be careful driving by any particle accelerators in it, ok?

=====

Ok, I'm back down to my mad scientist lab...working on envelopes and counting bean seeds...