New Toy

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
The 80's trucks are awful. Seriously hideous things that need to just leave. Its like they took something utility and tried to make it masculine. Like a work truck isn't masculine enough? Its not supposed to be flashy or look like its "flexing".

To me its like the people who brag all the time about how they are a tough guy. The real tough guys don't need to brag because they KNOW they are tough. That's how I see it.

I was born in 1977 so I grew up with the excess and gaudy of the 80's.

Ill take 1977 F100 all day long. That's just a cool looking truck. I was born in 1977 so it has some meaning behind it. The F100 is just that classic "lunch pail to work" kind of truck that appeals to me. Love the look of them. One of these days I'll have one in the garage. Don't need it blazing fast, or lowered. Just running well, give it a classy paint job and let's get something done.

By the way I think the El Camino should be named Petunia ;)

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
marshallsmyth said:
Wait...

Lavender? El Camino? That combination releases fermions and we ALL know what can happen if a fermion collides with a Higgs Boson! They almost imploded the whole universe over to Cern when someone drove by the lab in a lavender El Camino.

Just be careful driving by any particle accelerators in it, ok?

=====

Ok, I'm back down to my mad scientist lab...working on envelopes and counting bean seeds...
in that case, stay away from parts of Virginia. that's where they have a particle accelerator hiding. my dh would know, he made parts for that one back in the 90's while working for UNH.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Jared77 said:
The 80's trucks are awful. Seriously hideous things that need to just leave. Its like they took something utility and tried to make it masculine. Like a work truck isn't masculine enough? Its not supposed to be flashy or look like its "flexing".

To me its like the people who brag all the time about how they are a tough guy. The real tough guys don't need to brag because they KNOW they are tough. That's how I see it.

I was born in 1977 so I grew up with the excess and gaudy of the 80's.

Ill take 1977 F100 all day long. That's just a cool looking truck. I was born in 1977 so it has some meaning behind it. The F100 is just that classic "lunch pail to work" kind of truck that appeals to me. Love the look of them. One of these days I'll have one in the garage. Don't need it blazing fast, or lowered. Just running well, give it a classy paint job and let's get something done.

By the way I think the El Camino should be named Petunia ;)
I like the old Fords too. We had a 71 for a long time, DH bought it when it was 2 years old, rebuilt the engine once, and changed the 3 speed tranny for a 4 speed.
It finally was beyond our finances to keep up the repairs it started needing so it ended up as scrap, but it had a sentimental place in my heart. It's the truck my boyfriend proposed to me in... :love

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
146fs495919.gif
... Where's the pictures??? And does it have a name yet????

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Posting picts is easy - if you have a digital camera and know how to save your picts to your computer.

Load the pictures from the camera to where ever you usually put them on your computer.
Then open up TEG.
Find a thread that you want to post a picture in and start a reply as usual.
Then, click on the 'Uploads' tab. Another window will open up.
Find and click on the 'Browse' button and locate that folder that has your pictures in it.
Double click on a picture. The magic of computers will take you back to the 'uploads' page and the empty block that is next to the 'browse' button will now be full of all sorts of gobbley-gook that is actually your picture.
Click on Submit and wait a short while.
You should see your picture appear (in miniture) with 2 boxes full of gobbley-gook under it.
Right click on the one that says "Image" and when the drop-down menu opens up, pick 'copy'.
Go back to that reply you were working on and right click again. This time pick 'paste' from the drop down menu.
TA-DAA!!!!!
Yeah... it's not a picture... just the gobbly-gook... but it WILL be a picture in just a sec.
(now you might want to click 'preview' instead of 'submit' - just to be sure everything looks ok.)

And there ya go!
Clear as mud huh?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
You can also scan a print.

You just have to save it as a JPEG (or jpg) file.

Then, the TEG uploader will be able to find & upload it.

Steve

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh!

Let me think how that would work . . . you'd have to save it to a picture folder, I'd think. Yeah, the TEG uploader could probably search out your email but . . . that might be a tortuous path.

Let's see . . . if I right click on a picture in my email, I get a "Save Image As..." That's in Firefox. In Google Chrome . . . I can right-click and get "Save as..." Clicking that . . . both want to put it in a download folder.

That would be fine, TEG can find your download files :).

Steve