new yorker tomato

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Cat poop, pig poop and wet duck poop smells worse than dog poop. Wanna pig? :lol:

no, i do not want a piggie! even the super cute little ones! way back when we lived kitty corner from the local dairy, the guy decided to have pigs one year, the entire neighborhood told him "no way" and that was the end of it after one season. just way too much stench... there is a local person who has piggies, i can smell them once in a while when the wind is from the NE in the summer. i don't mind a little smell. i do worse some days. :)

ducks need pond and area to roam. neighbors have a few, don't ever smell them at all.

cat, well, so far not happening too often here, but they do use some of the gardens as pee stations at times.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Now you see what we have to put up with all these years. Constantly scaring us with potential dangers. Wait till she starts on the nitrogen in the air which is a precursor to dry ice so that we’ll freeze while breathing.....

older, smarter, stronger sisters are always so much fun, just sit back, enjoy the show and learn as much as you can...

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
okay ya all .....
plant 1...
IMG_1611.JPG

plant 2..
IMG_1612.JPG

plant 3..
IMG_1613.JPG

yall might as well pull up your sprouts, these babies are a sure winner in @Nyboy lakefront house contest....:frow:frow

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
I can send you a Peterbilt full of iris. One of my clients has about 100' feet of them that need dividing every 3 years and there are tons to rehome. I don't understand why my friends run when they see me coming with iris sticking out of the top of bags...
I missed this post ... I would not run! ;) I can always find room for hand-me-down (free) plants. LOL Just brought home 3 BIG clumps of blue hosta from a friends.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Kinda like zucchini? :lol: I'll take that Peterbuilt, drive it on down! I'll give you a good bed to sleep in, feed you good and show you the sights of East Texas, pine trees, pine trees, pine trees, more pine trees....... :)
I love pine tree, they small amazing when in large groves. Some day I plan to make my way to East TX. ;)

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
:plbb:plbb:plbb Just remember guys... it was the tortoise that won the race.
If that is the case here, everyone give up now. Started seeds-5 plants. Looked great, then I started the hardening off process. Did so well for a while, then left them out too long, lost 3 to sun stroke. Then I diluted some foliar fertilizer (not near enough) killed one and the other 2 look terrible. I planted them outside and started some more direct in the garden. For someone who earns a living helping others grow crops, I suck at hardening plants off......

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
If that is the case here, everyone give up now. Started seeds-5 plants. Looked great, then I started the hardening off process. Did so well for a while, then left them out too long, lost 3 to sun stroke. Then I diluted some foliar fertilizer (not near enough) killed one and the other 2 look terrible. I planted them outside and started some more direct in the garden. For someone who earns a living helping others grow crops, I suck at hardening plants off......

If that's the case Seed, I think you should be down in N Carolina "helping" Major.

Latest posts