new yorker tomato

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
i used to be able to use my computer monitor for culturing yogurt and starting seeds. always kept things warm when it was on. it weighed about 70lbs and took up half this table. could fit a few quarts up there or a dozen small starter cells. the new computer monitor i can pick up with 2 fingers and is too thin to have anything on it other than a bit of dust or a very slender bug. i may be able to find a small froggy puppet/stuffed figure up there. it is so strange now that i got rid of almost all my junk on the tables to have extra space around there...

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I used it for years. Not even a melt mark anywhere on the plastic box. I did at some point take the precaution of putting foil under the lights.
But it doesn't get above 90 inside the box, if I remember correctly. I had a thermometer in there too.

You might be more worried about your body spontaneously combusting, at 98.6 ;).

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I used it for years. Not even a melt mark anywhere on the plastic box. I did at some point take the precaution of putting foil under the lights.
But it doesn't get above 90 inside the box, if I remember correctly. I had a thermometer in there too.

You might be more worried about your body spontaneously combusting, at 98.6 ;).
Geeze, now I have something else to worry about! :th

Mary

Latest posts