new yorker tomato

Titan Farm

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Mine are still in cell pack I think I am being overly protective of them

Pop them in some 4 or 5 inch pots then hit them with some fish emulsion.
If you realy want the to grow you could add some alfalfa meal to the soil. The triaconatol in the alfalfa meal will give them a boost.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Mine where started later than the other varieties, so they are only about 6 inches tall and in the garden. Kept some to replant in case. A slow start.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
I just realized I knew nothing about this tomato. On Totally Tomatoes site, it says they are early, determinate, disease resistant, open pollinated, 4 to 6 oz. beefsteak type. Not prone to blossom end rot or cracking. Sounds kinda like a wonder tomato!
Open pollinated means if we like them, we can save the seeds to grow next year.:)

Titan Farm

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I just realized I knew nothing about this tomato. On Totally Tomatoes site, it says they are early, determinate, disease resistant, open pollinated, 4 to 6 oz. beefsteak type. Not prone to blossom end rot or cracking. Sounds kinda like a wonder tomato!
Open pollinated means if we like them, we can save the seeds to grow next year.:)

Here is some more information on the New Yorker tomato for you..

60 days, det., compact regular leaf plant with high yield of red medium size fruit, 3-6 oz, excellent flavor, sweet, meaty and juicy, keeps well after picking for several days, excellent variety for growing in northern or short season areas.

History
Breeder: New York Agric. Expt. Sta. (Geneva).
Vendor: Joseph Harris Co.
Parentage: (Geneva 11 x Rhode Island) x Fireball. 1966.

Rhode Island Early Breeder: University of Rhode Island, Agric. Expt. Sta., Kingston. Vendor: Stokes, Canada. Parentage: (Earliana x Victor) x Danmark.

Fireball - Breeder and vendor: Joseph Harris Co., Rochester, New York. Parentage: Joseph Harris Co. round plum line x Valiant. Characteristics: early, firm fruit. Similar: Victor. Adaptation: eastern United States, and some use in northern Europe. Harris Catalog 1952.

Geneva 11- No Pedigree.

Latest posts