new yorker tomato

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Just ate my first New Yorker tomato yesterday. I have two others picked, waiting to finish turning red. They seem prone to having a green top, like several of the big tomatoes do. It was good, juicy, very tomato-ey taste. Not big, a little smaller than a tennis ball.

One of my two New Yorker plants is getting a lot of yellow splotched leaves. The other plants aren't, yet. Will have to keep an eye on them.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Just ate my first New Yorker tomato yesterday. I have two others picked, waiting to finish turning red. They seem prone to having a green top, like several of the big tomatoes do. It was good, juicy, very tomato-ey taste. Not big, a little smaller than a tennis ball.

One of my two New Yorker plants is getting a lot of yellow splotched leaves. The other plants aren't, yet. Will have to keep an eye on them.
Are those yellow splotch leaves blight? I've always wondered if that's what it is.

Mary

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
will be pulling this yorker it has early blight be spraying again this morning.....
IMG_2013.JPG

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
That's what mine look like too, major. I think the yellow tomatoes are getting it too. I put some shade cloth over the New Yorkers, as they have lost a lot of leaves, and didn't want the maters scorched by the sun.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
As fast as this variety matures, should be a great tomato for the true north.

Latest posts