new yorker tomato

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
My results are: the fruit is small and each plant only produced six or eight tomatoes and stopped, just stopped. I am going to let this one get just slightly riper before I taste it.

newyorker.jpg

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
@jackb, you didn't get blight on the New Yorkers? That is strange; mine produced like crazy and are now on their last legs. There must have been 40 tomatoes or more on each plant. I gave my son a bag of tomatoes today. BUT, the stink bugs had gotten to them, as well as blight, and many are spoiled from that. :rolleyes:

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
@jackb, you didn't get blight on the New Yorkers? That is strange; mine produced like crazy and are now on their last legs. There must have been 40 tomatoes or more on each plant. I gave my son a bag of tomatoes today. BUT, the stink bugs had gotten to them, as well as blight, and many are spoiled from that. :rolleyes:

Nope, no blight. They simply stopped growing. Six on each plant and that is it. I have two cur de sur oxheart tomatoes right behind them and those plants have tons of fruit and are over six feet high. The oxhearts are much larger tomatoes and if the taste is right I'll be saving seed from them.

Latest posts