NEWBIE HERE HI!

OCMG

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Thanks Nifty
Besides I am best at vegetable gardening I am better at that than most of the other girls, but they might be better at flowers. I love flowers but I am not good at growing them because I am into veggies more.
Please if you are going to quote me include the whole thought, I am only one of a few that veggie garden, it looks like a brag but I am not bragging, if you think for a minute you would realize I am talking about Ocean County, If I am better than most that veg garden that may be only 20 or 30. There are hundreds that do other things like herbs, bulbs, grasses, shrubs, trees, flowers shall I go on?, I hope no one things I am trying to say thatI am a big shot, I made that clear on the first post that I am not very good an gardening in general, My point is I am good at veggie gardening and that is all, we all have an are that we exceed in don't we?

Oh no we have a few men.
Where did I say there were no men? I was talking about the circle I am in, most men do not hang with the girls in fact the men usually join because they need the certification to be a landscaper, they need to do some further education to keep that up. They do not even show up for graduation. We mail them their papers and they do not volunteer for one minute, but that is ok they paid so they can do what they want.

The culling pertains to my chickens and I did say that I did not do it. Oh my I just noticed I posted that in the wrong topic I will edit that, thanks, culling should not be in here.:he

:frow

Thanks for the nice welcome most of you have given me.

Reinbeau

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Well, I dunno about that, we cull, so to speak, when we thin out seedlings in our gardens! Anyhoo, welcome! :rainbow-sun

OCMG

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Well, I dunno about that, we cull, so to speak, when we thin out seedlings in our gardens!
The first time I heard that word was on BYC referring to "killing" a chicken, I thought it was meant to kill a sick one or to remove it because they had too many like roosters because many of us cannot have roosters. I thought culling was just another word for killing and was more polite. I was just going with the flow so to speak.
So I looked it up, I am a word person and do not like using them incorrectly. So here it is.

cull (kl)
tr.v. culled, culling, culls
1. To pick out from others; select.
2. To gather; collect.
3. To remove rejected members or parts from (a herd, for example).
n.
It's a generic kind of word that can go either way. Notide it says remove It never mentions KILL.
Like its counterpart "kill" that word does not indicate to kill what. I guess the word herd in item 3 might have been taken literally by some.

Thanks for pointing that out, it is interesting you can cull weeds or even flowers. :watering

And thanks also for the wecome

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
OCMG, I'm sorry if I came off as unwelcoming . . . that wasn't my intent.

It just seemed that others were doing a little joking and I was attempting to join in. That was a rather lame attempt on my part.

My words were mostly chosen to show that men may, indeed, be gardeners - so you might find us here. And, all of us, even Thomas Jefferson, find something new in the garden every year. Jefferson seemed to think that it kept him young. Perhaps, it is just that experience can be overrated when conditions change, and change, and change.

The good gardener in 2007 may not be too good in 2008. Doing it right a few years in a row might only mean that we are going to get it wrong for a few years after that. Falling a little short may really mean nothing at all.

Please, I would like to welcome you too, OCMG, and I'm sorry to have started off so inadequately.

Sincerely,

Steve

OCMG

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
All is forgiven don't worry about it. :love

Actually I would love to find a guy that likes to garden, some of the best gardeners are men.
How about Paul James the master gardener on The Home and Garden show, do you get him?

Now that is a gardener, a little kookie but a nice guy.

:rose

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hi OCMG!

Cable TV is new to me. For the most part, I've spent my entire adult life avoiding television. Since we've settled into a more "settled" lifestyle this Winter, I decided to purchase cable for my wife for Christmas. Yikes! Now I have scores of channels I don't want to watch!

I was always a "news guy" even tho' I tend to dose off in front of the set. The new-to-me cable channels have taken some getting adjusted to. DW is willing to watch a fair amount of news but enjoys the movies.

HGTV shouldn't be a channel to be avoided but the shows are all new to us. I see that Mr. James' show is on early Sunday morning. Years ago, I had a neighbor who was a great HGTV fan. Her yard was lovely. I used to cringe when I walked into her yard and looked over into mine. So I could only do the sensible thing - move.

Unfortunately for the neighbor, she then had to look over at a very large dog who essentially tore apart whatever I had attempted to grow in my yard. It's been 12 years and when I drove by the other day I was surprised to see the house and the front yard tree still standing. But then, that dog is probably dead from old age by now. My neighbor? Oh, after living in the same home for 30 years, she moved too - within months of the arrival of the Dog from Hell. She now lives a very short distance from my new home. (I try not to stare into her lovely yard every time I go by :D. There's only so much embarrassment I can take and she may still hold a grudge . . .

Steve
:rainbow-sun

Latest posts