No Hot Water $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Cat I rent with no lease. I can sink $15,000 into new system and landlord can say you have 3 months to get out. One of the reasons I built new garage is i can turn into breeder kennel.
Time to discuss this with the landlord. If it is a good place to be maybe you can pay for it, and at least get a lease where you break even.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
We are in the process of installing a new kitchen and I don't know which I miss the most, the sink or the dishwasher. We had the copper pipes replaced with PVC and they removed the sheetrock to get at the plumbing. We have not had a sink for over a week and it will be several more weeks before the sink and dishwasher can be installed. After the sheetrock is replaced they have to tape, spackle and paint. The cabinets will begin being installed next week, then the countertop people will measure for a template. We are looking at three or four weeks until the counter top is installed and at that point, the sink and dishwasher can be installed. The contents of the old cabinets are spread all over the house in boxes. We had to take delivery of the new cabinets, so we have 17 large boxes in the house in addition to the boxes already mentioned. Oh, did I mention the boxes with the new sink, dishwasher, disposal, faucet, wall tiles, microwave, and lighting? I forgot to mention having strangers in the house all day, hammering, banging, machine tool noises and whatnot. Theresa spends her days in the bedroom with the door closed, I spend my days downstairs in my sanctum sanctorum with my ham radios and computers. And, I can't find anything! Dear, where is this and where is that is heard constantly throughout the day. God, give me the strength to survive this project.
We puut in a kitchen long ago when the kids were small. I was new to having a microwave and became an expert at actually cooking with one. We ate in the green house and washed dishes in the bathroom sink using a lot of paper plates.We certainly could use a new kitchen again but, the memories of being without one for a month keep me putting it off. But, it will be beautiful when you are done.

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
We puut in a kitchen long ago when the kids were small. I was new to having a microwave and became an expert at actually cooking with one. We ate in the green house and washed dishes in the bathroom sink using a lot of paper plates.We certainly could use a new kitchen again but, the memories of being without one for a month keep me putting it off. But, it will be beautiful when you are done.
Barry our mailman asked me today what all the trucks were doing at the house. I told him basically the same story as above and he said that they did that seventeen years ago and now it was time to do it again. He said he would rather move than go through that again though.

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
You could do all of the repairs or install a new water heater, and the next day the landlord just could give you notice to vacate and sell the property. Now is the time to make an offer to buy this property or look for a new place of doing business.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Cat in 35 years of never late with rent did not get me lease its not going to happen. landlord attitude is if you don't like it leave.
So find another place and leave. How is it that you have elitist Bitc! customers who want everything for nothing and a total uncaring SOB of a landlord? Do I need to come up there and open up a Texas Six Pack of Whup A$$ on them? ;)

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Nyboy have to agree with everyone talk with the owner to see if you can buy the property or starting looking around.
does not make financial sense to keep dumping thousands of dollars into the place and then have him kick you out and the owner gets all those free upgrades ......

Latest posts