No longer receiving notifications

meadow

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Mmmm. Ok

I see that on February 6th the Push notifications has been disabled.

@Nifty not sure if I am missing something here?

Support.
Yeah, I poked around with things after it stopped working. Disabled, re-enabled, unsubscribed, re-subscribed, etc.

I am only interested in email notifications though. I believe push notifications are pop-ups that appear on your computer? If that is correct, I've no interest in that feature.

Support

Deeply Rooted
Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah, I poked around with things after it stopped working. Disabled, re-enabled, unsubscribed, re-subscribed, etc.

I am only interested in email notifications though. I believe push notifications are pop-ups that appear on your computer? If that is correct, I've no interest in that feature.
That's correct. But only when you're browsing the internet.

Jack Holloway

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I guess it is back to, why aren't we receiving the emails then?

Something like this happened to me some years back at another site when they renewed their url. Seems there is another part that they missed that big email providers use to verify that the email is legit. Kinda a reverse lookup (I really didn't understand what Comcast was telling me). I finally got the website to contact Comcast so they could explain what was missed. After it was fixed, the emails started showing up again, and not just for Comcast, but the others as well. Without the "lookup" the emails were considered garbage by Comcast and were never sent through to my inbox. Not even the spam box. They just were blocked completely.

Nifty

Garden Addicted
Administrator
Reaction score
Just FYI: I haven't been able to find any reasons why this isn't / shouldn't be working, but I'll keep digging!

(I've been receiving the emails just fine... even received one on the 17th about a thread I'm subscribed to)

Nifty

Garden Addicted
Administrator
Reaction score
Sorry you're still having problems.

Since our server is sending emails successfully to other members, I'm not sure what to do. It's possible that for some reason your email provider could be sending our emails to spam or just not delivering them all-together.

Again, it's tricky for us to troubleshoot when the emails are being sent, but not received... especially when it's not happening to all or even most of our visitors.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sorry you're still having problems.

Since our server is sending emails successfully to other members, I'm not sure what to do. It's possible that for some reason your email provider could be sending our emails to spam or just not delivering them all-together.

Again, it's tricky for us to troubleshoot when the emails are being sent, but not received... especially when it's not happening to all or even most of our visitors.

i'm not sure if you have set up an e-mail account to track bounces or a postmaster account which may get some information back if there are issues with delivery? that was what came to mind for me beyond what you've already mentioned...

Nifty

Garden Addicted
Administrator
Reaction score
Hmm.... that stars getting over my payscale since the emails are sent from the software through the server and I don't know how I'd track that stuff.

I'll noodle on it and do some digging to see if there's a way... but again, it's tricky when it's relatively isolated to specific individuals.

Jack Holloway

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I'll set up a new email address with a different provider I have. See if they go through there. I think I get something like 5 email address with them.

Nifty

Garden Addicted
Administrator
Reaction score
That's a great troubleshooting idea. A different email with a different provider would be a great way to help isolate the issue.

Latest posts