Northern gardens

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Everything so lush and beautiful there, Miss Mary!!! Just gorgeous! What is the Cordon method?
It's pinching off all side shoots so that you only have the main stem. It produces bigger tomatoes but fewer and the plant takes up less space. So you can plant closer together and since you have more plants you're back to having the same amount of fruit. Jackb told me about it.

Mary

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
The weeds took over here too. DH spent two days mowing and some pulling. Still hard to find things as tall as the grass is in the rows. :(

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
My biggest nemesis in the weed department is crabgrass. When the soil is dry, you have to dig the crabgrass out, pulling just breaks it off at the base.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
pictures eventually, i'm just too wiped out to think of it most days and then when i do remember it or am reminded it's too late and then i get distracted by other things and ...

:)

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Northern woman say yes you can. Southern woman says yes you all can :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Exsqueeze me??? It's "y'all", not "you all". :cool: Yer sounding like Jackie Chan on Rush Hour now with that you all stuff.

The main difference between northern and southern women is we sugar coat our insults and northern women just blurt them right on out.

Northern woman: "You're an idiot."

Southern woman: "Bless yer little heart!"

Last edited:

Latest posts