Not a good year for vegetable gardening

wifezilla

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
That rain hit us too, but I have a raised bed in one area and really good drainage on the rest so there was no permanent damage. Is there anything you can do to raise that bed a bit? Let me know if you need any seeds :D

COgirl

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Thanks wifezillia, but I think I'm good on seeds. There has just been so much water and no I can't raise it now as the worst area is roughly 400 sq ft, I have been trying to rearrange the dirt (mud) but don't like to be in there when it is so wet, compacting issues and disease spread issues. We'll see how(if) things dry out later this week.

GreenGoddess

Leafing Out
Reaction score
The weather here in CO has certainly been crazy, hasn't it? I don't remember ever seeing a June like this before.

COgirl

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I guess I'm a glutton for punishment I planted more squash seeds this afternoon, I am determined to get a least 1 freakin zuchinni!! Man I never thought I would be saying that!!

GardenGirl

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I'm right there with ya. Last night we got a deluge and hail along with it. Just to the south of me in New Jersey they got 6 inches of hail!!! They were actually shovelling their driveway. :ep I'm lucky we only got a little pea sized hail. It has rained most of June to the point that my backyard is now a swamp and the chickens and the garden are taking the brunt of it. :( I'm hoping we dry out, but I'm afraid some of the seeds I put in rotted. I'm gonna be positive, put new seeds in the ground if it dries out this weekend and hope for the best. It is still early enough in the season to hopefully salvage. I hope you can recover some of this year's garden. :fl Atleast you are enjoying the beauty that is surrounding you now. Beautiful pics!

COgirl

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Gardengirl I saw that on the news. I hope things dry out for you. I replanted some seeds now I'll just keep my fingers crossed.

HiDelight

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I am so glad to see you trying again :) sometimes when stuff like that happens the reward is in a long summer maybe?

good luck and I will send you some of my very "passive" weather vibes...

our weather has been wierd but I say that all the time so I am not sure what "normal" is besides rain for us ..

keep at it and you will harvest something I am sure! it is still early enough I am sure of it..but never having lived in CO I should not speak like I know ..I just want to help you motivate is all!

hugs!

Latest posts