Not me~but some would say~

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
People just let little dogs get away with all kinds of crap that most won't tolerate in a big dog. It's little dog syndrome. If you treat them like a dog instead of some kind of special needs baby, and expect that they respect you and be obedient they would be normal dogs.

I agree. Could have something to do with carrying them around all the time....it's just weird. I can just see me toting Ben around up near my face all the time and greeting people at the door holding a dog.

Why you figure folks treat little dogs differently than big dogs? Merely the size or some inner need of theirs that can't be fulfilled otherwise?

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
A carryover from playing with dollys maybe, haha.
I don't know...

The thing that bugs me most are the ones that bring their dogs into the grocery store with them. I don't understand why stores don't enforce the no dogs policy that most have printed on their doors.
It just makes me chafe to see some dog riding in the kid part of the basket. I don't know about anyone else, but I don't want to bring my groceries home and put them on my clean kitchen counters when there has been some dog butt sitting there previously.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Was a clients dog, They love to travel write out some very large checks to me. Woman who never had children treat their dog like one. I once had a client who found out her husband was cheating on her. She decided as payback she would give him a heart attack or stroke. She took his Visa and charged up a storm, she charged $6,000 in dog clothes at just 1 store, she spent whole day going from store to store.:lol::lol::lol:

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
A carryover from playing with dollys maybe, haha.
I don't know...

The thing that bugs me most are the ones that bring their dogs into the grocery store with them. I don't understand why stores don't enforce the no dogs policy that most have printed on their doors.
It just makes me chafe to see some dog riding in the kid part of the basket. I don't know about anyone else, but I don't want to bring my groceries home and put them on my clean kitchen counters when there has been some dog butt sitting there previously.

Amen. Dog butt juice on my bananers. Ick. What's the reasoning behind dragging one's dog all over creation, I wonder? To get attention, I would guess.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Amen. Dog butt juice on my bananers. Ick. What's the reasoning behind dragging one's dog all over creation, I wonder? To get attention, I would guess.

Bee they are trying to empty their anal glands

Okay, I shouldn't be laughing, but @Nyboy, I think you read Bees post too fast. I was picturing the owners....oh...never mind.... :lol:

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well, I am gonna say something against dogs.

Now, this is from a kid who had not one but two dogs, who joined 4H because they had a special program for dog training, who thought he might want to be a vet after Dad said that the dairy idea had fallen through ...

One neighbor's dogs hate me! Something like 7 years she has been there, first with a Husky and a Doberman, now with the Dob, a German Shepherd and a Pom. They have all hated me!

When she moved in, the Husky would rush the 5' fence! When he couldn't get at me, he would begin tearing things up in her yard. Really! Ornamental fencing, seat cushions ... ripped up seat cushions off her lawn chairs!

After he was gone, the Dobbie took over. Surprised me because he had always hung back but the German Shepherd grew up and he is now #1. The Pom just yaps continuously, even after the big dogs have lost interest. I should poke a seat cushion with a stick through the fence and see if they would like to tear up their owner's property ...

Really, I'd like to climb over the fence with a good strong Shillelagh ...

Garbanzo the dog rushes the fence when she is visiting. I have a feeling that the big dogs would kill the little terrier if she could actually get through the fence but she must see it as a priority to run them off. They aren't going anywhere. If they become decrepit, like that insane Husky, the neighbor will likely just buy another one.

Steve

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well, I am gonna say something against dogs.

Now, this is from a kid who had not one but two dogs, who joined 4H because they had a special program for dog training, who thought he might want to be a vet after Dad said that the dairy idea had fallen through ...

One neighbor's dogs hate me! Something like 7 years she has been there, first with a Husky and a Doberman, now with the Dob, a German Shepherd and a Pom. They have all hated me!

When she moved in, the Husky would rush the 5' fence! When he couldn't get at me, he would begin tearing things up in her yard. Really! Ornamental fencing, seat cushions ... ripped up seat cushions off her lawn chairs!

After he was gone, the Dobbie took over. Surprised me because he had always hung back but the German Shepherd grew up and he is now #1. The Pom just yaps continuously, even after the big dogs have lost interest. I should poke a seat cushion with a stick through the fence and see if they would like to tear up their owner's property ...

Really, I'd like to climb over the fence with a good strong Shillelagh ...

Garbanzo the dog rushes the fence when she is visiting. I have a feeling that the big dogs would kill the little terrier if she could actually get through the fence but she must see it as a priority to run them off. They aren't going anywhere. If they become decrepit, like that insane Husky, the neighbor will likely just buy another one.

Steve
My neighbors never trained their dogs and they were always vicious-runnning into my yard looking like they would bite me and my family. Of course it was always our fault. I know most of you would have shot the dog, but, the husband was mentally ill and I try not to incite those people. (He has long since killed himself.) The wife, a little less crazy, put up a fence that has helped a lot. Now she no longer has a dog. But the relationship will never be a good one with that family.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I get along fine with the neighbor.

She has been single for years. About my age, doting grandmother, outgoing with neighbors ...

The dogs are her security. They never go anywhere, interact with no one other than her family and, I understand, interact poorly with them. She bosses them around and the Shepherd tends to go nutz when she first goes out of his sight. Weird relationship.

Steve

Latest posts