Not me~but some would say~

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
I get along fine with the neighbor.

She has been single for years. About my age, doting grandmother, outgoing with neighbors ...

The dogs are her security. They never go anywhere, interact with no one other than her family and, I understand, interact poorly with them. She bosses them around and the Shepherd tends to go nutz when she first goes out of his sight. Weird relationship.

Steve

Sounds like she has high energy dogs that are bored senseless and are taking it out on you. A fenced in yard to run is really not enough for some breeds. They need more exercise, interaction with their owner or a job to do, or they become destructive and obnoxious. People often prefer certain breeds, but are unable physically or for lack of time to meet that dog's exercise or leadership needs. It's really an unfulfilling life for a dog...and a nuisance for you! :\

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
The Shepherd has beaten a deep path along the driveway side of the backyard.

Fortunately, that isn't my side. I don't have a lot of reasons for activities along her fence. If I can give him a little time to realize that I'm in the yard, he will ignore me over there but I need to be slow and deliberate about getting near that fence.

Maybe he recognizes the anger and enjoys the reaction.

Steve

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sounds like she has high energy dogs that are bored senseless and are taking it out on you. A fenced in yard to run is really not enough for some breeds. They need more exercise, interaction with their owner or a job to do, or they become destructive and obnoxious. People often prefer certain breeds, but are unable physically or for lack of time to meet that dog's exercise or leadership needs. It's really an unfulfilling life for a dog...and a nuisance for you! :\

Agree 100%! It always seems like the fearful, insecure people who choose big dogs or bully breeds, which is a horrible match. Those are generally the breeds that need confident, assured owners who know how to handle big dogs with big personalities.

Latest posts