Now I can finally join the club!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
BEE-YOO-TEE-FULL!!!! :thumbsup So hard for me to see that you are getting your first tomatoes, while mine have been already burnt to a crisp! Congratulations on your gorgeous tomatoes!

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Yay!!! Those are beautiful, thistle! I have been steadfastly IGNORING that other thread where people have been bragging on their tomatoes for what seems like months!! I ALSO got my first noncherries this week, so this will be the tomato thread for us "late bloomers!" mine were barely out of the cherry tomato category, Campari, but they were so yummy. And a first for me in that i successfully saved campari tomato seed from a grocery store tomato, on the advice of someone here (cant remember who mentioned that). I think i will have some larger ripe tomatoes in a week or two, Big Boys.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
NwMtGardener said:
Yay!!! Those are beautiful, thistle! I have been steadfastly IGNORING that other thread where people have been bragging on their tomatoes for what seems like months!! I ALSO got my first noncherries this week, so this will be the tomato thread for us "late bloomers!" mine were barely out of the cherry tomato category, Campari, but they were so yummy. And a first for me in that i successfully saved campari tomato seed from a grocery store tomato, on the advice of someone here (cant remember who mentioned that). I think i will have some larger ripe tomatoes in a week or two, Big Boys.
this reminds me--I saw a display of heirloom tomatoes at Big Mart yesterday. All kinds of pretty shapes and colors. $4.99 per pound!

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
They look great Thistle! Now the flood gates will open and you'll be picking maters every day :thumbsup

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
bj taylor said:
that looks wonderful thistle. I love the backdrop too. need a bigger picture of that beautiful yard
Ditto! I would like to see more of the yard myself.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I think they are absolutely LOVELY! I've never heard of that type... but then again, there are 100's of tomatoes and it will be a long time before I learn them all. If that is at all possible! :p

Latest posts