Now This Is A salad !!!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Tonight hubby's bringing home Chinese, probably Special Chow Mein and a toss up to whether he comes home with Sweet and Sour Chicken Balls or Deep Fried Prawns with Plum Sauce, I always add a tad of hot mustard to this.
I have butchered a LOT of roosters, never knew they had sweet and sour balls. Whaddya know, learn sumpin' new every day! I have a couple of mean roos I've been threatening to butcher......

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
And they grow on trees, everybody knows vegetables don't grow on trees. ;)

i think life tends to be interesting about some definitions and may have other ideas (the platypus is one strange creature) but don't carob trees have beans/pods/seeds on them? i know there are other trees that are legumes and have seeds/pods...

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Moringa oleifera ... deciduous tree.

"widely cultivated in tropical and subtropical areas where its young seed pods and leaves are used as vegetables"

Might pods be considered fruit? I'd better stop.

Wikipedia (& digitS')

SPedigrees

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
The OP's salad looks delicious to me. I'm surprised no one recognized the hard-boiled eggs as the major protein source in that meal.

Personally I can taste the similarity between hard-boiled eggs and avacados. Very true that some people's sense of taste is hard-wired differently from other people's. To some, cilantro tastes like soap; to me and many others, it just tastes like an innocuous Italian herb like basil or oregano. I find the taste of most sauvignon wines to closely resemble the smell/taste of furniture polish remover, but to many it is just an unremarkable dry wine.

The best salad I ever tasted was the antipasto platter at an Italian restaurant I used to go as a kid many decades ago with my parents. It had everything in it! Lettuce, cabbage, slices of provalone cheese, tunafish, hot peppers, sweet peppers, olives of many types, pickles, tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, anchovies, and much more.

My favorite lunch these days is a toasted veggie sandwich with provalone, hot pepper relish or jalapeno slices, tomato slices, cucumber slices, avacado, onion, and romaine (the latter not so much this year).

Latest posts