NY Going To have Another Bad Year For Fruit

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I can remember only one February where I did any cultivation, at all. It was in the nearest bed to the house. I remember that it had been a very dry winter but I had to break through a crust of frozen soil when I started too early in the AM.

March is the pretend cultivation month, I've never finished in March. I become a little anxious about finishing the work if I cannot get started by the end of the month! That happened a few years ago. It all has to come together because ... there are onion seedlings coming up out there (sown weeks ago!) and the first few peppers are trying to lift their heads in the warmth of the kitchen!

Being jerked around as has happened in NY looks more problematic. Those numbers on the states could be turned around ... yeah, NY and others had the #1 warmest February out of 123 years of records. And, now snow?!!

My bag of potting soil that I brought in earlier this week has nearly thawed from its rock-hard state. I should have had it in last week but it has worked out okay for use. Buckets of snow, a bag of frozen soil -- this is how that solar gain thing is supposed to work for greenhouses, right?

Steve

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
The City has beet juice spread on all the streets. That's a sure sign prognosticators have called for snow. I haven't heard and have no idea how much if any is anticipated.

Not happily anticipated from this Wisconsinite.

Latest posts