October Crazy-Hip Replacement

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Whew Bay! If anyone is qualified for crazy it's you! šŸ˜„
Looking forward to hearing about BJ taking up marathons soon.

P.S. Tying a dead chicken around a dogs neck to teach them not to kill livestock doesn't work. It doesn't even make good sense. Dogs love to roll in stinking things, like carcasses, so the only one you're punishing is yourself. And anyway the reason I know this is because 40 years ago I tried it.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
We leave at 2PM to drive to Cisco, TX to meet DD halfway to pick up our granddaughters. Thatā€™s a 3 hour drive, maybe longer due to traffic. We have to go through Dallas and Fort Worth. Weā€™ll be back around 9-ish tonight. Going out at daylight to feed, then again before we leave. Mainly concerned about the Cornish Cross meat chickens, they EAT! I sure donā€™t want to be fumbling around in the dark late tonight when we get back.

Another crazy day, but so worth it to see our granddaughters. Monday we do it again to take them back.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yesterday Dr office called, BJ has a urine infection and the blood they drew for testing clotted up and they couldnā€™t use it. So we had to go to the clinic for another blood draw, pick up prescription and come back home. Enjoying the girls!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
We got home this evening at 5:30 from meeting DD and her husband to return their children to them. We had so much fun with them this weekend!

We made hand pies! I traced the 5 year olds hand on paper. I cut it out and we had a pattern. We rolled out pie crust dough and cut out hands. We put hands on a cookie sheet and put a spoon full of raspberry jam in the palm, then topped with another hand. We squeezed red food coloring on a small blob of dough, mashing it up to mix it up good. Then we made fingernails!

15AC94A5-F7EC-47B2-85D5-EDC94E98259D.jpeg

We made some dough squares, filled with raspberry jam, just because it was soooooo much easier. LOL then we rolled out more dough, the girls brushed it with melted butter, then sprinkled cinnamon sugar on it. We rolled it up and they cut it in slices. Yummy!

3AE64C22-B03C-498F-9F5C-B9A1FC1023D0.jpeg

Their teacher at the day care they used to go to is pregnant and having a baby shower in a couple of weeks. DD ordered a present and the girls and I wrapped it up. Then both of them made her cards, laboriously copying letters to get the words right. How do ya like the fancy wrapping paper?

561B4E0D-0804-4989-95B4-FA7339AD4734.jpeg

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
We made pumpkin pie too!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yesterday I stripped the bed, washed the mattress covers and bedspread, vacuumed everything, dusted, cleaned, put up all his shoes that he likes to leave in a row along the wall, cleaned the bathroom, shower, scrubbed everything. He will be on a walker, so I have to make sure he has a clear walkway. He has a new Lazy Boy recliner with a handle to operate the footrest because his old recliner had a footrest he had to kick to close. Nothing to eat or drink since midnight. He showered in special soap last night. We are as ready as we can be.

We have to be there at 8:15 this morning, surgery at 10:30. He will spend the night at the hospital and come home tomorrow. Home Health Care will be here Friday, then twice a week for 3 weeks, then outpatient therapy.

Iā€™ll grab a flashlight in a little while and go feed. Then change clothes, grab overnight bag and weā€™ll go.

Here we go again!

Latest posts