Officially retired!

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Carol, you are so right about everyone having requests. I suspect you are going to be as busy as my husband. I'm so glad he still has time to ask me daily if there's anything I need him to do for me. Otherwise I may be at the bottom! LOL

Mary

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
I hope others have more success with the “lunch buddy” program. Kids saw no reason to do school work as they will not be held back and they aspire to be like their parent-government aid.....

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
I hope others have more success with the “lunch buddy” program. Kids saw no reason to do school work as they will not be held back and they aspire to be like their parent-government aid.....
What? Lunch buddy here is an adult volunteer that befriends a lonely child and comes for lunch dates once or twice a month.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Here, I met with him every week. Ate lunch, then we either worked on some hobby or IF he had an assignment he wouldn’t do, help him. He clearly understood his Mom didn’t finish school, didn’t work and the government took care of them. So why do his work or try to graduate? Clearly a success story for the liberals who want to give everything to everyone and the program “no child left behind”....

In case anyone thinks, it’s just one child. I had 3-all the same. This is a conservative area.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Here, I met with him every week. Ate lunch, then we either worked on some hobby or IF he had an assignment he wouldn’t do, help him. He clearly understood his Mom didn’t finish school, didn’t work and the government took care of them. So why do his work or try to graduate? Clearly a success story for the liberals who want to give everything to everyone and the program “no child left behind”....

In case anyone thinks, it’s just one child. I had 3-all the same. This is a conservative area.
SAD

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
a school bus tagged a deer at the end of our driveway this morning. what a nice way to wake up... first thing i did was think of how glad @Carol Dee must be to not be out there driving.

they always come through here fast so no surprise that someone finally got one.

Latest posts