OK, so I'm a wimp...

aftermidnight

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Shoot. It could be worse.

I just saw a kid ride by, a little early and foggy for meeting his buddies at the nearby elementary school playground but, that might be it. I'm afraid he has cerebral palsy. Rides a bicycle. He's such an uncoordinated kid.

I really like using a stool in the garden. Like having 4' beds, too. It gives me more plants to mess with, within reach, so i don't have to move the stool so often ;). It isn't often a stool but a milk crate or a 3 gallon bucket. The crate I can carry tools in; the buckets are my harvest buckets.

Steve

Bless his heart, just goes to show if there's a will there IS a way.

Annette

LocoYokel

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hi everybody, after a horrid few months of not being able to sit at my computer desk am back to holding down my chair with my behind instead of leaning behind my chair!
The surgery went really well, still have some issues with getting up and down but every day is better. Now that the pain killer drug haze has worn off I am just itching to do something, anything, gardenish... Have to keep reminding myself it has only been 7 days since so no going out to shovel the snow away from the shed doors, yet. Most of my seed starting stuff is in the greenhouse anyway, should be pretty easy to get to since the cover (meshed plastic) did not get taken off and caved in with the snow.
Still can't sit for very long and I have HOURS of catch-up reading to do here, does that count as gardenish? I vote YES!
Sure have missed you all...

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm very glad you got through the most of it.

And, that there is a path forward for the final mile.

(Also, that you will be able to get to those seed-starting supplies ;). Don't get in any hurry :hugs!)

Steve

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hi everybody, after a horrid few months of not being able to sit at my computer desk am back to holding down my chair with my behind instead of leaning behind my chair!
The surgery went really well, still have some issues with getting up and down but every day is better. Now that the pain killer drug haze has worn off I am just itching to do something, anything, gardenish... Have to keep reminding myself it has only been 7 days since so no going out to shovel the snow away from the shed doors, yet. Most of my seed starting stuff is in the greenhouse anyway, should be pretty easy to get to since the cover (meshed plastic) did not get taken off and caved in with the snow.
Still can't sit for very long and I have HOURS of catch-up reading to do here, does that count as gardenish? I vote YES!
YEAH, good to hear all is going well. See you in the garden soon. :)

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score

welcome back, missed you too! :) be careful and pay attention to the docs about restrictions. back problems aren't something to mess around with...

as for sitting, i do as little of it as i can get away with. set yourself up a reclining chair so you can be flatter. i use my futon and a few pillows propping me up plus a bigger screen, larger fonts so i can be back a ways from the screen and (mostly) still see.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wow, surgery is serious stuff. Glad it's over with and looks like you are on the road to recovery. Just take it easy. It's too cold to garden anyway. ;)

Mary